Minor/Repaint: Classics Cliffjumper - 99% Done

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by aledromo, May 18, 2012.

1. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Hi all

Not that my photo skills have improved at all, but here's the more or less final product. He needs some reprolabels to show his allegiance, and the camera showed me a few places where I'd probably like to go back in for a touchup or two. But overall, here's Jazz's new buddy on that great moonbase that is my shelf.

Thanks for all the constructive help before, and by all means keep it coming on this or any future projects.

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That looks really man man! Great work!

3. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

Looking good! Smooth clean and sharp!

4. aledromo

I put some future polish down as a sealer on the parts of the front that chafe, and found it has a nice glossy finish effect. I may add seal the rest as well, since after the photos I found a little red on the paper and hate to think he's bleeding a bit!

5. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

looks good man, I've been thinking about painting my rts Bee like this. Was it tough?

6. aledromo

Not really. Get yourself some 91% rubbing alcohol and a paper towel or cotton ball first and use it to wipe out the Mike Bay stripes. From there, I didn't even use a primer. Just two coats of Testor's Glossy Red as the main color, with highlights from elmer's paint pen markers (black for the grill and the inner doors, silver for the bumpers and inside of headlights).

As some have been good about telling me, it's key to apply your paint in one steady stroke, and then be patient. Let it dry for at least fifteen minutes before you go back over it, or you'll get those chunky boogers of paint. And for the rest, he's a pretty easy figure to take apart if you so choose. I did so for the legs, but not for any of the other bits.

Good luck, I'm happy to answer questions if you have any. I even have a spare head I painted up but didn't use. He's a great project for a beginner like me since there's not a whole lot of little details. But in some ways that makes those open areas a little stressful because any uneven bits will really stand out. Patience pays. I look forward to seeing yours.

7. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Im going to begin work on my RTS bee into Cliffy tomorrow. I'm using krylon spray paint cans, I hope it comes out good like yours.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Looks good and all, but one thing: Open the flap on the rear of the car where the hitch is, and push the waist all the way back into that space.

Any plans on a weapon for him?

9. aledromo

Probably not. I'm terrible at keeping track of small things, so weapons get lost a lot in my house. Hat e to spend time and energy on something that'll end up gone. For now, he's got one of Blurr's pistols. Good enough.

As for the transformation, I'm ashamed. Oops!

10. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

looks good, nice work!!

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

All good. Just thought I'd point it out. I owned Classics Bumblebee for over 2 years before finding out I didn't have it transformed completely the entire time.

Easy mistake to make, easy to fix.