Minor/Repaint: Classics City Commander Magnus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Sep 28, 2011.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

So a couple of months ago, I got a sweet deal on e-bay and picked up TFW's own Nemesisred's Cell-shaded City commander add-on set. A repaint of this mold and customization of it as well, had been planned by me, but not done yet. Enter the auction, the win, and now the further customization of it. From his work seen here -
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...ko-awesome-custom-painted-city-commander.html

I just added a couple brush tips to his head for the complete "stack" look, MP seeker hands for improved articulation (painted to color match), added new missile launchers (not fully painted with the grime just yet) from the igear Wrecker Commander kit, and 2 new rifles befitting the Commander title! Enjoy floks, and a big thanks to Nemesisred for his help in making that Classics Magnus make it into my Wreckers collection!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    As a Magnus fan, I'd like to say that I really like this.

3. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Holy hell he looks like he can deal with just about anything. Love it though imo it could do without the attena extensions.

4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Really nice paint work and weapons.

5. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

love the seeker hand upgrade,fits perfect!

6. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Nice paint job. Maybe a little too rusty but well done nonetheless.

7. wheeljack2010

Thank you sir!
    Thanks! Yeah, they're a gamble for alot of fans out there. Some pepole prefer the small stacks while others the long (it's kinda like the whole Batman thing with his batears, ya know?) But for me, I like them long like this. With this one, I really wanted something to differentiate him from my FP City Commander that I've done up; so the tweaks with the head, hands, missiles, guns, and paint job works perfectly. I'll try and post some comparison shots of him with my FP version.
    Thanks, but Nemesisred deserves credit for the paint apps mostly, I just added some gold detailing here and there and painted those hands to match his work. Since I'm really busy with other customs at the moment, it was perfect timing for the swag on this from Nemesisred, and for me to quickly do what I wanted to do with a customized version of this kit.
    Thanks bro'!
    Yeah, maybe a little, but that's the particular look for this kinda paint scheme:) 

8. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    of all the bots in the tf universe....Ultra Magnus would be the least likely to have rust on him......

that being said, the application is flawless......just on the wrong bot....

9. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

How hard is it to switch the hands?

10. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

thanks for the credit wheeljack2010, and I only put rust on him because I was thinking of the battle on planet junkion, when they put him back together after Galvatron blasted him. nuff said! lol

11. wheeljack2010

How so? Practically speaking, When was the last time you've seen a car trailer on the road without any rust/aged weathered look? These things don't fit through car wash stations! LOL!:) 
    Now if you'd have said this about 'Streaker or Sideswipe, I'd agree with you, but Magnus could go either way my friend. This particular style is a down'n'dirty "real feel" style to it that I'm quite fond of personally.:D 

not too hard really. All I did (after painting up the detached seeker hands to color match) was cut the old hands off at the base (left about 1/4" just to attach the new hands to), then used a tiny bit of modeling putty and super cure CA glue and fitted them right on! This will give you free range of motion and still have the 360 degree turn at the wrist. (just loosen this wrist joint up a bit by turning it back and forth a few times prior to chopping off the old hands. this will just free it up and allow a turn of the wrist that is not too tight where you could potentially break the new hands clear off by applying too much torque).
    And you did an excellent job brotherman! He fits in with my down'n'dirty
    Wreckers crew quite nicely! Thanks again!;) 

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool. Very Ultra Magnusy.