Heavy/Scratch: Classics Chop Shop

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shinobitron, May 22, 2008.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aww, zombie thread? Lame.

This is absolutely stunning though! I saw a KO wasp transformer today at Big Lots. Would love to see it updated into Venom with this same style.

I'm... I'm thinking of Venom right?

2. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

Though not one to usually post in a Zombie Thread I felt I could be helpful here

Ptitvite and Ramrider. I happen to own this toy, its from a line called Machine Robo Mugenbine and it has eehhh, three "gimmicks" to itself. one is that they had a toy for each letter of the Alphabet (A is AirLeon, B is Build Giraffe, etc) this little bug is, if I remember the letter J, Junk Stag.
    The second gimmick is that each robo comes with a tiny core robot and parts that turn it into an animal or a vehicle by parts-forming. example here is that you put the pincers on one way and they're pincers for bug-form... but put them on a different way and they become the borders for the scoop on the bulldozer

[​IMG]

The toys are VERY cool and I hunted down A-Z because I'm that nutty

also, I hope I did the picture thing right, inserting it like this, my apologies if I didn't

Edit: lol seems Treadshot A1 beat me to naming him

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Darn, you are lucky. I'm still missing M, Machptera and S, Speed Eagle.

4. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

Hobby Link Japan sucked all my money away XD

Mach Petra is a favorite of mine. I love dinos

I... applaud his bravery for repainting JunkStag, that was a BUGGER to find. They're rare now, HLJ lists them as discontinued and I dunno about eBay so I certainly wouldn't touch my MRM's for repaints.

Did a GREAT job though, wonderfully done! I apologize for not saying that in my first post

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just how many Machine Robo Mugenbines did they make?

I want me some Dinosaur and Dragon ones!

6. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

tons. there's the A-Z line that this figure came from. and the Machine Robo lines that came before it. and there were others that came after the A-Z line

I love these buggers and I try and grab the candy toy Mugenbines when I can

7. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The only thing sweeter than this mod would be to see it repainted in the black, purple, and yellow typical Insecticon colors. I've always wanted to see that done, I think they'd match better with Shrapnel, Bombshell, and Kickback, Too bad this is now rare, I'd love to try this one out. I realize this was posted ages ago but it's my first time seeing it, AWESOME JOB!

8. Treadshot A1

Actually, y'know, it would work as Shrapnel, prvided the horns were attached to hi back and not to his shoulders. But then again, the aim of the original toy was to partsform, so it could be done.

Everyone be careful with the joints on these figures, though, MRM joints are a pain if they snap, i had a joint on my Ironbeetle snap, and it's really annoying.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    so awesome

10. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    i love it
    loks so cool

and the paint!!!!

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Ha... funny that the topic of Mugenbine just came up! I have maybe a dozen sets I was thinking of unloading (including the Junkstag). I haven't got a sale thread up at the moment, but anyone who's interested can PM me. :) 

The funny thing about that is that the Junkstag's normal unpainted colours are black and purple! :) 

They're still making Mugenbine figures, but the whole design aesthetic for the line has changed dramatically in the last few years. Still cool though.
    They went all the way through the alphabet and then some, so there are a LOT of Mugenbine sets, most of them being a core robot that can be reassembled into a beast mode and a vehicle.

The Junkstag can be parts-swapped from a bulldozer to a stag beetle (albeit one with wheels instead of legs), so Shinobi's description is a bit misleading. Still, this was a great take on Chop Shop.

zmog

12. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

And JunkStag and his partner Iron Beetle were a PAIN to track down, lemme tell ya SMOG lol

13. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Easy I got it off of ebay for $3.00 BIN!

Have to admit I was a bit surprised to see this one come from the grave.

14. Treadshot A1

Now if only i could do that... $3??? You lucky *******... :lol 

15. SMOG

Yeah, I really wanted Iron Beetle too, but never found him. The special paired set with the matching colours looked really nice, especially when combined into their super robot mode.

A question, Shinobi... is it possible that the figure you used for this custom is a KO version of the MR Mugenbine Junkstag? How big is the figure?

I've seen oversized KO versions for sale before... core robot almost the size of a Deluxe scale Transformer, plus accessories, while the real Mugenbine core bots are even smaller than a Scout class... they were basically made to be in scale with oldschool Go-Bots.

zmog

16. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

ooh good question SMOG, I wanna know that too. if I could score KOs I'd be ok with bashing them. but real ones? even at 3 bucks (I too am in the "you lucky ****" group Shinobitron lol) I couldn't lol

17. SMOG

I remember a year or more ago, a local korean dollar store had a bunch of KO oversized Mugenbine sets. I don't remember why I didn't buy any of them at the time though... the quality was middle-of-the-road, being KO's of course. Maybe I was put off because the larger posts and sockets wouldn't mix with my authentic Mugenbines, so I couldn't use the parts to build very much.

zmog

18. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

now we know better XD
    pretty neat for quickie projects, like myself who's starting out, I could use the KOs to practice painting -and- I gain background characters too XD

19. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Wasn't KO. He was around 3.5" tall if I remember correctly. I beleive I still evne have the additional sticker sheets they gave with it. I actually still have some of the extra parts that I didnt use to make him. The person I bought from had 3 other ones and they had multiples of them. I beleive there was 3 of this one left. I got it 2 summers ago.

Currently my Chopshop resides in Germany!

20. SMOG

Ah. He looks bigger in the pictures somehow. I know there are double-sized KO versions of these Mugenbines, and I thought that might be the base for this mod. But at 3.5" that's definitely the regular size.

zmog