Classics Cassette Army choices

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Miggytron, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

So with the announcement of the Frenzy/Rumble repaint of Shadow Warrior, my dream of a Classics cassette army is coming true.

There are currently two options for Ravage (device label or the one packed with Hound). I'd be interested to hear which version you consider to be better.

Overkill is covered even though he's huge.

That just leaves Ratbat and Laserbeak/Buzzsaw. Any versions out there that fit the Classics aesthetic? Any plans for a third party release? Or are the original G1 versions good enough?

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Device Label Ravage is far, far superior to the Universe/Henkei version packaged with Hound. I don't think there's any dispute there.

Booster X10 from the first movie line looks like a pretty clear homage to Laserbeak. Though, not having one myself, I couldn't say how big he is, looks like he'd be on the larger side, like Overkill.

Of course, if you've got a lot of cash to burn, you could always nab the Botcon versions of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, redeco'd from Energon Divebomb.

As for Ratbat... sadly there hasn't been another version of his cassette appearance made outside of a few different statues (though, those don't transform).

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Device Label Ravage beats the shitty Universe ravage in spades. It's not even a contest.

Booster X-10 makes a passable Laserbeak...it's around scout sized. The Nightbeat 7 repaint would make an alright Squawktalk if you got a Reprolabel to cover up the Autobot insignia.

And while we're talking real gears, if you're interested in customizing toys, the High Score mold would make a great Beastbox repainted purple.

Universe Overkill is awesome, but yeah pretty large compaed to the Shadow Warrior mold.

I think I remember someone made a Bat mode out of Universe Ratbat's (Cybertron Sideways repaint) jet mode. Looked pretty cool from what I remember.

4. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    Device Label Ravage to Ramhorn!! I want to use Device Label for all the autobots tapes.

pics

[​IMG]

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've actually got those figures to eventually do into beastbox and squalktalk.

I snagged an animated electrostatic soundwave for the keytar to use as ratbat. and I actually use cybertron soundwave as my classics sw, and got a second of his minicons and repainted it into buzzsaw. this keeps everything almost in scale with each other.

6. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    That is one slim rhino

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I use Animated Laserbeak in my Classics. Unlike most of Animated, which has a very distinct, rounded style, his style is fairly angular and nondescript, so he can fit into any line without much trouble. And his headsculpt looks more G1 than Animated. Plus, he turns into a guitar!

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    What about Sludgefest?

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Animated Lazerbeak sounds like a cool idea for a classics LB. Seems to be some decent options for most but what about Sludgefest?