Heavy/Scratch: Classics Bumblebee reshell (all the cool kids are doing it!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TigerBlade, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    As requested by G60Force and a total plagiarisation of Turboedguys totally awesome 'bee!

Pretty much done beside hinging his doors around the back of his feet but I really must learn to stick to one project before starting another as Jazz has my full attention now.....and Sunstreaker still needs painting :peoples:  (as you can see in his half state of reshell!)

I think he looks good next to the 'MP' figs, I am of the opinion that 'bee is real small next to his buddys and I'm trying to get my figs as close to that G1 scale chart that is knocking about as I can.

Attached Files:

2. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great! (And you did that quickly.) What paint did you use? I'm liking that yellow and am thinking of joining the cool kids on this one. (Loving the Sunstreaker too.)

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Hah... WOW... that's exactly what I was thinking yesterday... since I still have to do the alt VW Beetle 1:24 reshell I also kind of though.. hey wait BB is supposed to be small :D 

Look awesome... and so do the rest of the gang, man I know I have lot's of projects myself since I tend to lose focus :p 

4. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Cheers! It's Humbrol No:69, spray for the beetle body and pot for the shoulders/arms. Looking back at the pic I can see there are a few areas I need to touch the paint up on too....

Sunstreaker should look awesome when painted but that's in line after Jazz....who should be finished by the end of the week :D 

Cheers man. Once Jazz & Sunstreaker are finished Mirage is up next. Then I'm done with customs! iGear will fill the rest of my collection with Cliffjumper, Ironhide & Ratchet. I'm hoping they upscale Rager to Brawn size in the mw line too.

Scale wise, I totally agree and base off this as much as I can:

[​IMG]

I'd say the CHUG 'bee scales perfectly with MP-01, but then as we all know G1 scale is a very subjective thing!! Just a shame MP Grimmy isn't twice his size :( 

I was thinking of sticking a small Autobot insignia on his left foot.......it seems hit and miss in the cartoon but I kinda dig the Sunstreaker-esque extra badge.

Attached Files:

5. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Dammit man slow down, you're making the rest of us look like geriatric tortoises! :lol 

Great work, can't believe how fast you're churning stuff out. Have you done any styrene work yet BTW?

As for the 'bot symbol on the hood, the annoying thing about it in the toon was that it was there in alt mode but not on his foot in bot mode. The awesome thing about this custom is you get to have it both ways, because you can put the symbol on the top half of the hood which you can't see in bot mode :rock 

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Forgot to ask you before, is he an action master? If not, can you post some bot mode pics?

7. ambitron

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply! Is that the acrylic spray and the enamel pot, or all acrylics? Sorry for the questions, I just like that yellow enough to want to use the same paint. :) 

As OptimusTimelord says, it might work well on the hidden part of his hood - I was thinking that myself, but the only trouble is that you end up with two autobot stickers in alt mode then, whereas in the cartoon it magically disappeared from the roof. :) 

8. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    lol, we've just booked a cheapo week to Alcudia in 12 weeks so the Mrs is down at the gym at every opportunity....has given me the perfect opportunity to bang thru all these customs I want doing!

Awesome idea with the placing of the hood badge, I think that's the perfect place.....but I'll never have him in vehicle mode lol

He will transform but doesn't look 100% as I had issues getting the roof and back end meeting at the right height. The back end looked ridiculously high over the back wheels to match the required height the roof/side windows needed to clear for the doors....if that makes sense? So I lowered the back end for it to look better in robot mode. I think it can be fixed if I chop the shoulder part in two and create a slider for it but to be totally honest I'm not bothered by it.

In the end I went for what looks best in robot mode as I never display in vehicle mode. EDIT - I'm totally considering going actionmaster with Jazz aswell, fiddling around making sure everything meets is a chore and more often than not I would have to make a compromise to the robot to make it work. I guess as I'm still very new at doing all this I'm finding that part a bind. With Jazz though I love the way his front wheels point up on the F_R actionmaster, helps that they are meaty as hell but if I keep the transformation (which so far I have) that is something I'd have to leave out as the Alt robot has the wheels at the back of his shoulders. Tonight I'll make the decision as he is pretty much complete from the shins up apart from that one thing......

I'll double check and get back to you later this evening.

9. OptimusTimelord

Aye true. Only way round that would be some sort of Alternator Hound style flip over piece in the roof I guess...

10. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    No styrene yet OT lol that'll start with Mirage!

11. ambitron

News Credits:
    Thanks! Appreciated!

Indeed (and judging by your amazing work, such as Sideswipe, I bet you'd be able to do something like that; whereas I'll be happy if the wheels don't fall off my stuff :)  ).

12. OptimusTimelord

I don't think you'll have any problems, I'm surprised you've managed to do what you have without needing any already TBH :thumbs2: 
    :lol  Thanks, yeah I guess you get more ambitious the more you do!

13. bumbleblogn

bumbleblogn Banned

What model did you use ? I'd like to make one ! Lol

14. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    It's a CHUG Bumblebee with a 1/32 Volkswagon Beetle kit :thumb