Classics Bumblebee Discussion - NO IMAGES

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tiredesk, May 27, 2006.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this is a better concept than a VW knockoff. It knocks off aspects of a few vehicles rather than just one.

2. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Didn't Hasbro pay licensing fees for RiD Prowl and Speedbreaker?

And IIRC, the headlights on X-Brawn were colored different than it's Car Robot's version in order to avoid too much "similarities" with the Mercedes van it's based on.

-airfox

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

He looks absolutely awesome! A must-buy for me. Actually, this whole line consists of must-buys for me. The changes they made to the original designs to upgrade these guys (BB in particular) came off looking way better than I could've hoped for.
    A question though- is that thing he's towing in car mode this "jetski/flight pack" everyone is talking about? If so, its really cool that they gave him an accessory that wasn't a weapon, and it was probably also designed as a way to help justify a deluxe pricepoint for such a small figure. Definitely looking forward to this.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not sure about Prowl, but you're right with Sideburn and X-Brawn. Sideburn's second release carried the Viper logo as Hasbro had paid out the license, X-Brawn was indeed changed just enough to avoid needing the licensing. Probably why they've since gone with less realistic looking vehicles, it must have been a real headache for them.

I like the sound of Bumblebee's rocket pack extra. Should be good.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    -EDIT- Ok, I found it. Not going to comment here. But it doesn't cover the question.

If I didn't say so earlier, that Bumblebee is definately a great toy for the character. I hope more of this line will be so perfect yet so different.

6. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Who cares if BB is a not a Beetle, that car is completely dated (even the new one). I vastly prefer that new form.

7. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I must be the only one here who hasn't gone looking for Bumblebee pics... :lol  I'm sure official pics will surface sooner or later, so I'm not really fussed about it.

I'm also glad not to see a lot of fan-wanking over BB not being a VW, but, as someone said, that might just be because a lot of fans are familiar with the story of what happened when they tried to do Alt BB.

It's nice to have a new Bumblebee at all, so I'm not going to complain.

8. fourth_heir

fourth_heir Battles for the fun of it!

Biggest failure in the bunch. I’ve never been a fan of his ‘cute’ animation model (the toy looked really cool, why did the artists feel compelled to wreck him?) and this design looks like it’s taken that and tried to out-cute it resulting in an ugly, malformed, dumpy little bot with ‘comedy sidekick’ written all over him. Total pass!

Still, 4 greats out of 6 so far (Starscream also disappoints) is the best ratio I've seen on a new TF line so that's a huge thumbs-up from me to Hasbro! :) 

9. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Starscream disapoints? Shit, too many people on crack here.

10. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or perhaps some people have different opinions than your own.
    And you'd do well to remember that.