Classics Bumblebee Discussion - NO IMAGES

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tiredesk, May 27, 2006.

1. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I still don't quite understand why threads like this are allowed. "We don't think you should see leaked images, but go look at one then come back here to talk about it!"

I fully agree with the no-leaked-images soapbox, but this seems like a half-assed way of standing on it.

And yes, Bumblebee looks awesome. Somebody eventually got word to tformers.com, since they took the link down.

2. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, yeah, and information wants to be free. I've heard the whole thing before. Too bad this isn't really information - it's gossip. In many cases I would agree with you. But this info doesn't help anyone do anything at all except know what the figure looks like a little bit in advance. It's utterly useless.

I get really sick of hearing people talk about a natural consequence of human nature and act as if it's some sort of moral justification.

If Hasbro was a jerk company that treated fans of its company like garbage, I could understand this. But it's not. It's obvious here that they're wanting to make more cool stuff available to club members. Why can't you respect their wishes?

Are you against the idea of a fan club? Do you have some desire to see misfortune come to Hasbro? If not, I ask you this: Why are you so intent on pissing on a venture of a company whose product you enjoy so much?

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bumblebee is the single most awesome thing abt the classics line. nuff said.

to have to put up with the cheetors and the hot shots... this was all worth it.

toygasm!

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Hyperbole.

A bunch of non-club members looking at photos will not cause the downfall of Hasbro. I could even argue it helps raise awareness and desire for the products.

In the end, everyone's going to see the photos. Hasbro knows this. That's why they were made public the day after. Giving them to the club a day ahead was simply a nod to them, not something to spend money for. If they really cared about keeping the photos exclusive, they would use flash technology or something that isn't as easy to spread around.

And I'm sure a public photo of Bumblebee will be released in the next week. I doubt they are terribly concerned about non-club fans seeing crappy scans of it.

5. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I'm sure most sites are willing to help the club cover its ill conceived "exclusives", (c'mon news=public domain once published, and photos will be redistributed either publicly or privately= human nature/ nature of internet.),
    but asking them to shun their own membership for discussing something they are excited about is going overboard. Many club members would prefer to discuss issues here, and possibly feel they have a right to do so.
    This site has taken steps better than what is reasonable, don't ask it to sacrifice membership/ advertising, as people will go elsewhere to talk about transformers if they have to.

Yes, it is disrespectful and damaging, and technically illegal to republish Hasbro's images, but due to internet culture, it is inevitable (Information Super-Highway). The Club really has to think of a better 'hook' if it wants to survive, and I genuinely hope it does.

Someone mentioned data/videocasting, while not foolproof, its headed in the right direction. Exclusive toys seem second rate due to the diminished market, but there has to be something of value to collectors. Bring Orson, or another rep onto the clubs boards if it has official status, whatever.

6. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    I agree. If club members wanna piss and moan about their exclusive pictures being scanned and shown around, why make it so public that they are out there?

Doesn't the club have a members only board? Why not discuss it there? Why even report this news on major sites if not everyone can see it?

Its like that stupid high school gossip thing where you say ' I have some great gossip, but I can't tell you'.

If members dont want a situtation created where the pics are scanned and passed around, don't discuss it on public boards and create a need. Keep your little w**ks at the members only board and this problem won't be as big.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As much as I like Bumblebee (only problem I have with it is how stick-figure like the toy probably looks viewing the hips from the back), It's absolutely no match for how astoundingly tired I am of this thread.

8. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

In what way? I actually am interested to know, so feel free to reference this: http://www.cric.or.jp/cric_e/

That aside, there's still the matter of these Japanese scans taking away the "exclusivity" for those who ponied up the cash and actually paid for them, just like those complaining about the leaking of club content. Then there's the lost revenue for the publishers who potentially stand to lose sales thanks to unscrupulous people leaking their content all over the internet for free. Seems like an unfair double standard to me.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm really trying to get hyped over bumble's design... but these off topic post are really bringing me down :( 

cant you guys take it to TFGD or sum'in'?

10. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    No matter what you give them, some people are born to complain I guess.

11. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Do we have to go over this again, with every single time we say no club images. Christ. It's not just about copyright law. The club had asked us not to allow scans from their magazine (as have other publications such as Toyfare and Lee's Toy Review) and we have complied.

And copyright laws do differ from country to country. Japanese copyright laws allow for reproduction for reporting of current events so long as the original source is named and the publication is not reproduced in its entirety and so long as it is not expressly prohibited by the publisher.

Regadless of that, if we were ever contacted by Figure OH!, TV Magazine, Hobby Japan, or any other publication and asked to not reproduce pieces of their work, we would comply out of repect for that request. Those are our decisions to make, not the members of this forum. And just because you or anyone else doesn't like it, does not mean they are up for debate.

Now this thread had better get back on topic about the Bumblebee images.

12. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I seen the Bumblebee image posted in one of the thread on the He-Man.org thread. After seeing the image I so want to get the Bumblebee figure. He's a great update from the G1 line.

13. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I really like him. His car mode it very Energon Hot Shot, but man, his bot mode is pure love. Love that's its allllllll rub-signs all the time. It's gonna be weird having a Grimlock roughly the same size as the little guy though. Unless maybe Bumblebee is a same deluxe, hence the accessories? Eh well, great toy line.

14. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

Nonsense, get over yourself. News is news. Joining a club purely for 'exclusive' information that, in this day and age, is guaranteed to be leaked almost immediately is the height of foolishness and if by some chance it isn't leaked, then what? You get to sit smug in some Ivory Tower lording it over some of your fellow fans who, for one reason or another, aren't able to join? "I know something you don't, nyah!" Please.

Being able to get hold of exclusive figures, that would be a very good reason for becoming a member but charging fans for mere news is the height of arrogance and anyone silly enough to join for such a reason deserves everything they (don't) get.

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    in before lock ;) 

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm guessing Bumblebee is going to be a fairly small deluxe, with the larger than average accessory making up the rest of the price point.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I really hope Bumblebee is at least a head smaller than Starscream and Rodimus. He's supposed to be short. If he's the same height as Grimlock, it will look really weird. If Bumblebee was made as an Alternator, he would have been the same height and that would have looked wrong.

18. mighty megatron

mighty megatron Banned

if the club wants to give paying members something good why dont they allow us first dibbs on those new figs instead of waiting forever. but they want us to buy all the cybertron repaints. guess what hasbro im not buying anything until titanium is released. they should learn from theyre starwars mistakes. we are not going to buy something we have already bought multiple times. we want the good stuff now. we would all buy repaints of classics screamer but probabaly wont get it. instead we will probabaly get a pink bendy prime. but that classics line has done it for most of us and we will buy many. get it in gear asap because our wallets are on fire oh yeah on topic bumblebee rocks!

19. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Star Wars mistake?

20. mighty megatron

mighty megatron Banned

re re packaging figures its the same thing with a different package again and again. hasbro released theyre quarterly earnings a while back and starwars took a nosedive. hopefully with them knowing how well we like the new line and considering how well the franchise is doing we will be getting some new bots soon. titanium should start showing up anytime to pacify us till the classic line is out. yea! the fact is even the starwars guys get sick of having to buy the same figure on three different cards:horse: