Classics Bumblebee Discussion - NO IMAGES

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tiredesk, May 27, 2006.

1. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

That looks good in both modes. I can't wait to get it.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I ADORE this new Bumblebee, while being a new Alt mode, it still carries the same general feeling of the original, especially the kickass robot mode.

I think BB will end up being among the most popular of the classics line, at least from a fan's perspective.
    All the other characters in the line have had some sort of homage or decent remake, but Bumblebee? Hasn't been available in a mass release since G2, and his last quality transforming mold was his Pretender version made in 1989.
    It's been a LONG wait for a modern BB

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    its nice to know I pretty much wasted my membership fees. thank you, tformers.com

4. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Get a cooler car with that transformation, and we'd have a damn good Sunstreaker.

Please Hasbro, give me a Sunstreaker. I need a sociopathic Narcissist possessing the skills to kill 8 Decepticons (or Autobots) in under 30 seconds with his bare hands.

5. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

GOODGODINHEAVE, this line rocks!
    After the last line, I was afrade that I was loosing my love of TF, but this line just looking at the toys is givin it all back to me I can't wait til this stuff starts hiting the shelves.

6. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Wow, that seems like alot of work to go through just to post a pic, well, to make it look legit anyways.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I can only echo what's already been said. Bumblebee rules.

8. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    hmm i like his legs. they look fairly intricate to transform (like alt smokescreen style) wonder what happens to his trailer in bot mode though, such an odd accessory.

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Its a better looking toy than i thought it would be.

10. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

It's very frustrating to see so many people and sites blatantly and repeatedly ignore the wishes of Hasbro and Fun Pub's club concerning image posting. It is disrespectful of the people who are running the newsletter and it is disrespectful to the fans who are paying money for the privileged "sneak peek."

To avoid totally ranting off-topic, let me add that the BB pics I saw in the newsletter are indeed very exciting. You can really see Don's style in the design. Definitely one of my favorites in the new Classics line! :D 

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bot mode looks great!

12. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Sure posting pics may not be what Hasbro wanted, but the internet thrives on information, pirated or not. Does it really surprise any of you?

13. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Beautiful. At this point, I don't even care that he's not/can't be a Beetle. The head is perfect. And look at that, he's got shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. I am a little bummed that he (apparently) doesn't have a gun. I'd love to see what the jetpack/glider looks like.

And as much as I enjoy seeing these pictures, I really wish the sites that post these pictures would respect the club organizers' wishes.

14. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Questions to Don, did you design all the figures in the Classics line, and if so, did you do it through Hasbro or through Takara/Tomy? And finally, how does it feel to go from a fan to having all your wildest (at least in TF terms) dreams come true?

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Always thought the toy had pretty cool face, and that the cartoon face was a bit on the dorky side.

16. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It doesn't surprise me, but it does sicken me. So there is a fan out there that pays good money to get an exclusive, only to share it with fans that do not pay for that exclusive and thus defeating the purpose of being a club member.

We all know that Bumblebee is an exclusive picture from the fan club magazine, but yet there it is on the front page of Tformers.com. And make no mistake about it, this is the same image that is in the club mag, I have the issue in front of me and all they did was repaint the small watermark that was added by the fan club.

This sick sense of entitlement by those fans who are not willing to shell out money and want it all for FREE has got to go, IMO.

17. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

It looks like Armada Hot Shot and Side Swipe had a love child together. And yet, it works well. I will purchase this entire line, I think.

And I agree wholeheartedly on the information piracy issue, especially as a paying club member who gets the third-class timing on the newsletter (thus frequently seeing things like this days before I receive my own copy). I'm actually surprised the thread has made it this far without editing or lock.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    maybe next time you'll realize it is futile to pay for the TF club when you know you're gonna see the stuff anyways the next day xD

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I looks good. When they inevetibly decide to make classsics cliffjumper they need to a least give it a new head.

20. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Look, being a club member has more perks than just mere exclusive images, you get "normal" pricings in the store, and you get free figures. I'm sure if your perk was only limited to early peek at an image, you wouldn't bother to pay for the membership. It's like buying a newspaper versus reading it online, the story's the same. Besides, the image had to come from a member somehow right? So the only way to lock it down is to NOT show members the pictures, and I'm sure we won't want that.