Digibash: Classics Brawn Digibash

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Insane Galvatron, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I actually plan to do this custom when I get my income tax refund. Til then, I wanted to see how it would look. ( I didn't put as much effort into the bot mode photoshop as I did the alt mode ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Interesting. I'd suggest a darker green though, and the use of a third colour for highlights, to help breakup the other 2 colours. Great idea!

3. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Interesting. I'd suggest a darker green though, and the use of a third colour for highlights, to help breakup the other 2 colours. Great idea!

4. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Well, this was just a photoshop to get the general idea. The green paint would have to be darker and plenty of paint aps to spice things up. :) 

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Well, this was just a photoshop to get the general idea. The green paint would have to be darker and plenty of paint aps to spice things up. :) 

6. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really nice design - great alt mode, bot mode looks good but hard to make. What parts do you have in mind to make it? What are you going to do about the head?

7. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really nice design - great alt mode, bot mode looks good but hard to make. What parts do you have in mind to make it? What are you going to do about the head?

8. bumblerodimus

bumblerodimus Well-Known Member

is that a Roadbot??? those things are becoming an awesome KB staple!!!!

9. bumblerodimus

bumblerodimus Well-Known Member

is that a Roadbot??? those things are becoming an awesome KB staple!!!!

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

That looks like a great concept! That's definitely one of the better Roadbots, and would work really well as Brawn, I think. Looking at the alt mode, the only thing that would concern me is how big his hood-chest is going to be. It's foreshortened in the bot-mode pic, so it's hard to tell... but since his hood doesn't have a notch cut out of it (like, say, Alternators Grimlock) it looks like that whole car-front will be jutting out in front of his head. That might be fine, or it might look kinda funny.... hard to say.

But other than that, it's a great figure. The articulation and aesthetic seem really on par with Classics. The head doesn't quite say "Brawn" to me... it would be cool if you could find a different, more dome-shaped head for him. Actually, one that might work great is the custom one used in this thread for Cliffjumper:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125228

Someone on there commented that it looked more like Brawn than Cliffjumper anyway. If you could get a hold of one of those, it might work really well!

Good luck! I can't wait to see the final product, it looks promising!

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

That looks like a great concept! That's definitely one of the better Roadbots, and would work really well as Brawn, I think. Looking at the alt mode, the only thing that would concern me is how big his hood-chest is going to be. It's foreshortened in the bot-mode pic, so it's hard to tell... but since his hood doesn't have a notch cut out of it (like, say, Alternators Grimlock) it looks like that whole car-front will be jutting out in front of his head. That might be fine, or it might look kinda funny.... hard to say.

But other than that, it's a great figure. The articulation and aesthetic seem really on par with Classics. The head doesn't quite say "Brawn" to me... it would be cool if you could find a different, more dome-shaped head for him. Actually, one that might work great is the custom one used in this thread for Cliffjumper:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125228

Someone on there commented that it looked more like Brawn than Cliffjumper anyway. If you could get a hold of one of those, it might work really well!

Good luck! I can't wait to see the final product, it looks promising!

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    how did you appy the green? did you paint it in over the top and then make the layer slightly transparent?

instead of doing that, dont make the layer transparent, just set hte layer blending mode (drop-down box in the layers panel) to 'colour', that will preserve all of the shading etc from the original and just change the colour

13. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    how did you appy the green? did you paint it in over the top and then make the layer slightly transparent?

instead of doing that, dont make the layer transparent, just set hte layer blending mode (drop-down box in the layers panel) to 'colour', that will preserve all of the shading etc from the original and just change the colour

14. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Actually, I'm not that familiar with photoshop. I used photostudio. I did the freeform select and put all the white car parts on a seperate layer. I then changed the hue to green and darkened it. It wasn't that easy though because white doesn't change hue. I had to go to tone adjustment first and remove all the red from the white to get it to a blueish green to start with. Had he been red or blue or yellow or anything else but white to start with, I could've gotten better results. For the body, I had the same problem in that black doesn't change hue either. I had to make it a blueish color first.

I do have photoshop, but do not use it much. The version I have does not have a freeform select and I've found it hard to recolor bots in it because I can't seperate one part from the whole. Magic wand doesn't seem to select it evenly along it's edges. I may have to play around with that feature you described.

**EDIT** Just tried that and all it would do was make a robot shaped blob of green. No detail at all was kept. I'm at a loss to that method. I had more luck using the Image-Adjust-Selective Color option. Though I have the same problem with it I do with photostudio. Not much you can do with white...

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Actually, I'm not that familiar with photoshop. I used photostudio. I did the freeform select and put all the white car parts on a seperate layer. I then changed the hue to green and darkened it. It wasn't that easy though because white doesn't change hue. I had to go to tone adjustment first and remove all the red from the white to get it to a blueish green to start with. Had he been red or blue or yellow or anything else but white to start with, I could've gotten better results. For the body, I had the same problem in that black doesn't change hue either. I had to make it a blueish color first.

I do have photoshop, but do not use it much. The version I have does not have a freeform select and I've found it hard to recolor bots in it because I can't seperate one part from the whole. Magic wand doesn't seem to select it evenly along it's edges. I may have to play around with that feature you described.

**EDIT** Just tried that and all it would do was make a robot shaped blob of green. No detail at all was kept. I'm at a loss to that method. I had more luck using the Image-Adjust-Selective Color option. Though I have the same problem with it I do with photostudio. Not much you can do with white...

16. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

I want to see the toy once you do this to it, it will be interesting

17. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

I want to see the toy once you do this to it, it will be interesting

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How big is that toy in comparison to Classics Mirage? Mirage has a similar head to Brawn in shape, perhaps you could easily mod it if it isn't too small.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How big is that toy in comparison to Classics Mirage? Mirage has a similar head to Brawn in shape, perhaps you could easily mod it if it isn't too small.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I have to admit, I'm confused. What's the source toy?