Minor/Repaint: classics Brawl WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by batmanprime, Aug 11, 2012.

1. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Never tried the Deluxe class combiner teams before preffering instead the "Maximus" molds. But, I found an extra 2 pack at TJMax and just wanted the Optimus for his legs. And Brawl is My fav combaticon, with Bruticus being my fav combiner. Wish he'd been a bot not a con. haha

So, Megs gets some reworking. So far I've just used the the same recipe I did for the gen 1.5 Megs I did. He's gonna get a new head, and Cannon as well as the connector which I haven't figured out for sure exactly how I want to do yet. I don't like magnets or partsforming but we'll see.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for looking. More pics will come with progress.

Attached Files:

2. Mal

Mal Web Head

cool. Looking good

3. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Here's the way I did something similar to mine (If I had a camera I'd snap pics for you, but I hope you understand)

You'll need to get that entire section relatively flat between the arms and head. Then, get a small screw and put in there right in the center. Very important.

Next, get a small piece of styrene and cut it about the same length as the opening. Put a small channel in the center of that about the thickness of the screw. You want it snug enough that it will hold, but loose enough you can move it. Put it in, make sure it slides the way you want, adjust accordingly.

Next, put a small styrene rod near one end of the new sliding mechanism. Cut it long on each side so you have room to work. Then, if you want, build up the sliding mechanism to help hold the new hinge, otherwise leave it as you want.

Next, build a cannon that will fit on there, and drill holes in the sides so you can hook it to the styrene rod. This will let the cannon flip up and down there.

Once you're done, you can slide the cannon forward, flip the arms down, rotate the cannon around and flip it down so it's standing up in the back like the original Brawl did.

If you really want to get fancy (I didn't think about it until typing this to you), you could put a channel in the new barrel itself so it will slide up and down on the styrene rod like the one on the top of it.

Hopefully that made sense :) 

4. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Thanks. I'll try it.

5. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bruticus is my fav too. Looking good.

6. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Update

Made some progress on the head and the cannon. Still have to figure out how to mount it. Thinking of making it usable as a rifle that would sort of negate the partsforming angle. I could make it mount on his back via peg and hole.
    BTW... my first attempt at a full on head resculpt. I know it's kinda crappy, but it's a start. Began with Robot Masters Convoy head.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  7. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    UPDATE

Changed the arms. Decided to use the OP arms for a Soundwave that I hope to get to.
    Used the top parts of the OP leg they fit the peg from the Megs arms quite nicely. Added the peg and ball socket from an energon aerialbot and his lower arms.
    The cannon is from a DG KO of somebody I don't know, attached with the swivel from the OP gun.

8. noblekale

Ebay:
    Looks pretty good. Nice way to add the turrent. What did the DGKO look like by the way? The weird phoenix/shark bot that turns into the "jet", that has the red guns and sword?

9. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Yep. That's the one. Used the sword for one of my combiners.

10. noblekale

Ebay:
    Thought so. Picked a couple of them up, but NO idea what to make with them :) 

11. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Theyre great for parts.

12. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    My son did some action masters and an Alpha Trion with them.

13. Ultra Maverick

Ultra Maverick Canadian

Looks great, looking forward to seeing the whole drew together