Minor/Repaint: Classics Bombshell WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by VestigialHeart1, Dec 26, 2008.

1. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is pretty much my first attempt at a repaint/mod. The epoxy faceplate looks pretty crappy especially up close and the cannon/mount is made from epoxy and a S6 sniper rifle attachment. I used magnets to attach the cannon, but I think I might change the structure a bit to allow the barrel to rotate. The paint job is about 80% done. Hopefully I'll be able to get the cannon to mount in an aesthetically pleasing manner in tank mode.

If all goes well Human Torch will eventually become Shrapnel and will rely a bit on his War Within counterpart.

Here's a bit of a backstory that I've been tossing around. It obviously isn't completely accurate to any specific canon (comic, cartoon or otherwise) but it works well enough for me.

When the fallen decepticons were jettisoned from Astrotrain Bombshell concocted a plan to ensure the survival of the Insecticons. As they were being ejected Bombshell managed to fire three last cerebro-shells onto the bodies of Viewfinder, Spectro and Spyglass. Two of the cerebro-shells contained back-up consciousnesses of Shrapnel and Bombshell however Kickback was too far gone to be saved after the battle of autobot city in such a short time. With Reflector under Bombshell and Shrapnels control they managed to generate new bodies for themselves reminiscent of their old cybertronian forms. Turning their backs on the Autobots and Decepticons alike the two are attempting to create a splinter group of rebels that seek isolation from the world. While still fighting off the Autobots the two rogue Decepticons seek to purge the galaxy of Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Seekers who they see as perversions of their former selves. Within the dark catacombs of Bombshell's laboratory he secretly works night and day attempting to recreate his former brother Kickback whose consciousness he still believes he can reformat...

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Most original Hulk/bash yet! Bravo!:bowdown: 

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, that looks awesome so far.

As far as the turret....maybe make it collapsible (like an antenna) so that way it isn't sticking up so high above the head?....

Other than that, I am really diggin him :thumb 

4. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    First, I have to get this mold I've seen so many awesome customs out of it
    Second, another awesome custom!

5. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    I second This. Actually, I know the perfect thing to use too. If you go to your local Wal-Mart or store equivalent to that, they sell miniature tripods for cameras. Even with the legs fully extended they're still less than 7 inches long. I think that could work really, really well for this project.

And by the way, It's really refreshing to see a character that isn't a tank being made from this mold:thumbs2: 

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

way to go. that is fantastic

7. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments. I think I might try the tripod idea if I can find one at walmart that fits right.

Does anybody know if Sculpt-Bot's Bombshell head would fit? I think i saw somebody else use an alt size head for a custom Hulk. The real obstacle with the Hulk head is the hair. I'm not good at sculpting and it will require dremeling the hair down and adding on some detailing for the crest which is way over my head but I guess I'm willing to try!

8. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    effing brilliant! I too like plowking's suggestion. Great overall idea.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe find an old radio or t.v. set and just swipe the antenna off of it....cheaper than buying something, and if you like the results, its win/win

And yes, if that head is Alt sized, it will work....haven't seen it in person, but you may have to mod the area where the head goes inside the tank bottom....you know, to make it fit in alt mode.

BUT....I like the head and the mods you have done to it as it stands. :thumb 

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great work so far. I really like the back story you came up with :thumb 

You can buy telescoping antennas at Radio Shack pretty cheap