Heavy/Scratch: Classics Bludgeon (deluxe Scale)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shinobitron, May 6, 2010.

1. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    This guy has been a WIP for me for over a year now and I finally decided to finish him. I think that waiting all this time was a good thing as my skills have definatly evolved even further thus making this Undead samurai well worth the time I took on him. IMO I think this is my best piece to date (TF wise).

Bludgeon started as an Optimus and Megatron 2 Pack. I removed Mega face and cast a Ghost Rider SHS figures skull for the face. The head piece of the helmet came from the knee of a Spawn figure. I added a ball joint from a MARS kit for the neck and bored the under size of the head out to give his head full range movement.

The upper body consists of Megatrons chest and upper arms with Prime forearms and fist. I drilled a hole that would fit a Battle Ravage gun which then acts as the turret and shoulder canon. The gun can be removed and use as a regular gun.

The lower body is were all the haevy work came in. I had to add the tread half of Megs legs to Primes. I had to bore, drill pegs and glue the crap of these till I was satisfied that they looked natural.

I copied the G1 paint scheme as close as possible with creative paint apps to make it look more natural in both modes. A paint app breakdown follows:
    Orange sections: Red then Orange, then yellow then a very light dry brush of silver

Green Sections: Dar Angels green, Snot Green, Camo Green, then a final light dry brush of Silver

Maroon Sections: Started as Blood red then Coated with a Warlock purple, very light drybrush of yellow then silver.

Various detailing was added after the main colors were added to show wear and robotic detailing. The tank treads were given a spattered mud effect that carried on thru to the tank sections. th mus flow is a natural progression that follows thru for a natural effect.

The shield (which becomes the tank top) was from a Gundam 00 as is the sword. The sword can combine with the shield to make a lance.

And thats it! If ya read this far its much appreciated as I kinna went on a ways in describing the creation process for this guy!

Thanks for looking at Bludgeon,
    Shinobi

(BTW Bludgeon has great poseabilty and balance thus letting me put him in the SHORYUKEN pose)

Attached Files:

2. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

MOAR BLUDGEON!!!!!!!

great job here, surprised we haven't seen more

3. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

Wow! I like this better then the Nest voyager. You make me want this deluxe... Why... Haha.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Coooooool!

5. Dischord

Dischord Empyricon

Ebay:
    That's exceptional.

I particularly like the shield and the extra parts on the turret. The original tank mode was reminiscent of direct fire support vehicle prototypes. This has a completely different feel to it.

6. Shinobitron

Ebay:
  7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Hey! he's all done and looking good. Great job on the yellows/oranges. :thumb 

8. Shinobitron

Ebay:
    The evilist colors for all customizers! Lol!

Thanks man!

9. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

THis is FLIPPIN awesome!

10. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    That is damn nice! :thumb  I knew that Classics 2-pack was good for something... :lol  Having his head fit into tank-mode was a nice touch - due to the size of his crest, I was sure you'd have to remove it to fit. Maybe it's time I had another look at that 2-pack... [​IMG]

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

This is a very creative take on Bludgeon and by using two figures of the Classics 2pk to make this was ingenious. So in other words great job, Shinobitron.

12. Slayershoop

Slayershoop Memory is RAM!

Ebay:
    Hate to correct, but the Gundam parts look like they are from Gundam Seed, since the shield looks like a standard Seed shield and the sword is an anti-ship sword from Seed...

Anyway, this looks amazing and the fact that it transforms.

Awesome!:cool: 

13. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

lol awesome! now u dont need to buy the new one!

14. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very good job on the posability and the weapons. I like how the shield and blade can be combined, while the shoulder cannon can be handheld.

I'm more ambivalent about the skull though; I'm leaning more on the ROTF Bludgeon's alien/robot skull design.

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    That.....just screams Bludgeon. The choice of colors, and the level of drybrush/color put into it really makes it look hardcore. And for such a small figure, you put an amazing level of detail into it. Casting your own head? I mean, that's just wicked. Nicely done.