Minor/Repaint: Classics Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by guard convoy, Sep 6, 2010.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    now, after seeing Solrac333 custom, i figured, heck, i should try it! i got a treadbolt and dropshot i am doing nothing with, might as well

so far i got one foot done, the pegs for both bots are similar, just requires minor sanding to get dropshot's foot to fit!

mine will be a bit different than his, seeing as i don't got a spare cybertron soundwave/universe blaster to canabalize, and i will be looking into a new head

this will be my first attempt at painting, so we will see how it turns out!

edit number 1:second leg in finished, so now all i got to do is get the head done and paint and he is basically ready to go! might try to get dropshot's arm guns to peg in, we shall see!

edit number 2:here is my attempts at vehicle modes, tank does not roll, robot mode chest gets in the way, so until i can find a way to configure it properly i can't roll the tank haha my vehicle modes won't be as nice as Solroc333's since i have different arms and head (the head modding is just too much for my beginner skills, will probably modify the original helmet or find a close enough head for use)

edit number 3:head is done, will start painting friday when i go get paint

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    off to a good start i think.

3. guard convoy

News Credits:
    thanks, this is my first custom so i am being very careful at what i am doin right now, i got to get paint soon, now all i got to really work on is the arms and head

4. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Dude, I started the same custom this morning (like 2am) after seeing the one posted in the forum.

It's my first custom too.

I can't get the tank transformed without the jet's nose/robot's chest in the way either. Same thing with the diagonal angled treads. I assume the other customizer fixed the treads by using the Universe Blaster arms (smaller).

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Cool! I inspired two people already. :) 

Yeah, I used Blaster's arms because I used Treadbolt's arms for my Shockwave. Also Blaster's arms were easy to attach.

For the tank mode, if you want it to roll, I just angle the legs back more so that the chest does not get in the way.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's really looking good, and I would have never thought of that. It really works for him, and Blitzwing is the hardest custom character to get right. Good luck man

7. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Howd u do the legs?

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i took treadbolt and remove the lower leg and feet, you are left with two little black boxes, you pretty much got to break those by prying it open with a screwdriver (if you don't ask solroc333, that is what i did with mine)

then i took some sandpaper and worked on the hole where the upper an lower leg connect, i widened it enough until the leg could close and screw around it

not too much work, just take a little bit of time

9. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Good job, it's looking very nice.

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    head is done, copied solroc333's idea, photos in a bit, now i just need paint, getting that friday, and while his was metallic, mine will be painted to look like a retail figure that will fit in with my classics

11. guard convoy

News Credits:
    first post edited with final robot mode picture before painting, will be painted friday

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice, you copy cat! :) 

I forgot that's what he looked like before I painted mine. can't wait to see how yours look.

13. guard convoy

News Credits:
    hey now my arms are different! haha i thank you for giving me the inspiration, i will proudly give you credit for your creation! i got a test subject, an energon inferno body, to test paint

i took the joint off my stalker scorponok, heck, it was only used in robot mode really and i leave mine in scorpion mode, so since it is on a shelf i don't need it, so it is all good

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010