Minor/Repaint: Classics Blitzwing WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Auceps Prime, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Just got Blitzwing on Tuesday and allready I seem to have made a lot of progress. I removed the Twin cannons and drilled a small hole on the larger end and reattached one cannon also at the same time extending it. I removed those animated hands he had and replaced those with movie Ironhide hands. And as you can see he still has no problems with transforming. Not sure what head i am going to use. But what do guys think so far?

Attached Files:

2. bongzoe

bongzoe Banned

yay im first to comment

3. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great so far man. keep it up cant wait to see him done.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Alternators Swindle/Rollbar head is my suggestion but to be honest I don't know if it's the right size.

5. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    looking good so far, looks less oddy proportioned than the original. the weird Kids RC mini tank vibe is the reason I haven picked him up yet.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

very very interesting

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's what I used, I'll post pics later.

8. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    Id really like to see your pics so post them soon. I have two heads I am looking at using one is Swindle/Rollbar head and the other is Alt Windchargers head. Would be nice to see your take on this.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    It's not a comment if you aren't commenting about anything. It's more just like you're shouting hey I'm here but you didn't do anything.

Anyways, on topic, so far it looks ok. You're definitely making him have a more Classics vibe but I honestly think, no matter how much work anyone does on an Animated figure, they're always gonna look like Animated to me. I do agree that the Alt Rollbar/Swindle head is the best option off the top of my head though

10. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

Took the words right out of my mouth.

11. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Good luck with your project. It's going to be hard to get Blitzwing to fit in with the Classics figures.

Thank you for that insightful post!

12. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To be honest I don't think this Blitzwing mold can be made to fit with the Classics line, though I would love for you to prove me wrong. The mold IMO is far too goofy and cartoony and would require way too much work. I'd try to do something about his bowl-legged thighs too, not sure how much work you want to do.

13. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed. I hope you prove us wrong, best of luck to you.

Come on guys, while there was no point to this post.
    I see no reason why it should derail this thread by
    other pointless comments about how pointless that post was.

We have 3 mods that do a great job here. We don't need "Jr mods"
    busting peoples chops, when there was really nothing done wrong.

14. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    I see what you and all are saying about this being complicated to fit in with the Classics line. Cause most of his body from waist to his legs/thighs and his arms are all to cartoonish. Not sure if I can change all those parts with out messinng up all the articulation he has. But all I can do is my best. At the moment I am just shooting to change out his head, the twin cannons and his hands. Which two I have allready done. Next I might see what I can do with the rest of the body parts. But not really sure how far I will go with this cause I didn't really what to make this a really drawn out custom cause I've got other progects I really need to finish.

Also just to let everyone know I don't even have to many clsssic line figures most of my collection consists of Alternators/Binaltech figures and also most of the voyager size classics. Cause I am really into the 1/24 scale size figures. And thats the line I am going to be placing him with.

With that being said I also really don't consider it or any voyager size figure a classic size figure as most of you are all seeing today that all of the figures coming out are deluxe size unless he is at leader status. And Blitzwing is not a leader and if i was to put him in the classics line I don't think he would look good standing good next to Starscream and the other seekers cause he is just way to tall.