Heavy/Scratch: classics beachcomber

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by seali_me, Aug 3, 2011.

1. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

inspired by bigbot3030 but again i went a different way. i didn't like the movie legs and arms.

[​IMG]

things i did:

- replaced arms
    - reattach original wheels
    - replace legs

things to do:
    - adjust the head to make it look more like beachcomber. LOL
    - create a mechanism so the head pops out from inside the body
    - cover the shin area
    - paint of course

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    looks great what's the recipe? :) 

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

NICE!

I like the idea of getting Beachcomber out of this figure, but there was just something that didn't seem right. Of course, now there's barely anything left of the original piece, but it looks great! The Tomahawk head looks like it's going to be perfect.

Alt mode pics? I'm curious to see how it all goes together... nice touch using the Tracks arms there! :thumb 

zmog

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Thats looking fantastic man!
    Hmmm....what if, instead of a head popping out, it flipped back like the stock hinge, roatated 180, then the head flipped down into the body?

Actually, maybe a better idea is to use that slot in his chest and make a slider mechanism. That looks like it could work pretty well.

Randy!

5. seali_me

thanks peeps.

i only use leftovers from previous customs.

- tracks which i used to elevate wheeljack's height
    - WJ's shin
    - the hips i forgot the name but its the crane dude from my devy. i had an extra one from herooftheday.
    - tomahawk's head.

couldn't go on further anymore without using glue. sadly, i ran out again. lol

yeah i want to use the space in the body to make the mechanism for the head to pop out of the body. yes a slider.

as for the alt mode, it stays the same. sadly, i want to change it as well but don't know how to go about it yet.

6. Bigbot3030

What part of the alt mode do you want to change? I think it works really well as is.
    I know the cage is different, but i think it works really well as an update.

Randy!

7. seali_me

the cage looks off and looks too high. it gives too much height in alt mode. compared to my classics. i would like to shorten it. i think when i get the head sliding from the body its going to be doable. i think its due to the HA human going inside.

[​IMG]

but i guess it would be nice to have an HA human for scale comparison for once with my classics.

8. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

looking at the vehicle mode, the rear end really needs something. I don't have this toy, so i don't know how the back of the buggy works with the transformation, but maybe a fake engine block? Maybe if there was some way the robot's arms could end up on the back? Then all you have to do is mount some "engine' detail on the exposed faces.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

9. Bigbot3030

I was about to post the same thought. it's more of the end looking cutoff than anything.

but you are right seali_me, once you get the head figured out it could solve some of that. Myabe not worry about the engine block idea until you do that. you might realize that you won't need to add as much to the back.

R!

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Heyyyyyy... my Montreal buddy. How's it going with this one? I've been messing with this same figure to get a Beachcomber, and I'm just noticing that I must have stolen some ideas from you without realizing! :lol 

Any progress on the vehicle mode?

zmog