Classics BB's Wave Crusher weapon mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Darkravager, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I just got Classics Bumblebee, and like most people, thought he would really use a weapon. I was looking at the Wave Crusher, and I came up with 2 possible weapon modes for it. As I lack a digital camera, I will try to describe it.

1. Claws: This requires Bumblebee to be transformed just as the instructions say. First, take the Wave Crusher in vehicle mode and open up the trailer halves. Now turn the jet ski part 180 degrees. Make sure the black arms are extended out like they would be for jet pack mode. Now swing the silver trailer halves so that they are perpindicular to the black arms. There should be a gap now between the trailer halves. On the door on BB's arm, there is a little notch by his elbow. You can get the nob on the jet ski to latch into that, or else you can slide the jet ski further up the door and it will hold into place pretty well. Now BB has wrist mounted blades!

2. Bow: This is a simple repositioning of the claw mode and also required BB to be slightly changed as well. For this, unpeg and swing the door around so that it faces forward. Now take the Wave Crusher in the claw mode and straighten out the silver arms. The wheels should be facing the same direction as the front of the jetski now. (Edit: You can at this step close the black arms, as they should be positioned so that they will close forward, bringing the two silver arms butting up against each other) Now the notch on the door is in the front of BB, just attach the jetski as you did in the previous way, but now he has a bow.

I know they're not perfect, but I think they look pretty cool.

If there is great confusion from my directions and no one can figure out what I'm talking about, I can try to track down a digital camera.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    everyone always says Bumblebee doesnt have a weapon; am I the only one who looked at the wheels on his jetpack and thought of them as chainguns?

3. Darkravager

Do my instructions make sense?

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yep the certainly do. he should duel cybertron galvatron now.

5. Alpha

Alpha I saved the internet.

Pics please,I don't have him yet. :) 

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too bad the jetski didn't have a standard peg on it somewhere, or extra weapon modes would be a simpler matter.

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

He can't post pics, he said he has no camera.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    but someone else can if they follow the instructions!

9. Alpha

Alpha I saved the internet.

That's what I meant.

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If no one beats me to it, I will attempt this when I get home

11. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

I tried it last night during the depths of my insomnia, and I thought the bow mode looked a lot more viable than the claw mode....claw mode seems to sit too far back on the door and it doesn't like to stay on at all.

12. Darkravager

I agree with you Blackstar. I like the bow a little better too. I think I shouldn't have called the other weapon a claw so much as wrist blades. I think it's kind of fun, but the bow does look better IMO.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm gonna need pics. I can't figure out how you've attached anything to Bumblebee. The problem is that I don't see a "nob" on the jetski. If I'm reading that right, you actually meant "knob" which would be like a peg, which would be something the jetski doesn't have. Plus, you say to rotate the jetski 180 degrees. Thing is, when I open the grey trailer halves, the jetski turns part way around due to the design of the joints. Do you mean 180 degrees from where it ends up or 180 degrees from it's original position? If I could find this "nob" and the spot it's supposed to attach to on BBs door, I might be able to figure out how far to turn it.

Yeah, I think I need a pic on this one.

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    there is no nob. he meant rotate the door on his arm. you can clip the crusher to the door just like you can his back on one of the two ends. as you CAN rotate the thing 180 degrees, it just gets REALLY stiff partway. just grab it by the black parts and get her a strong nudge.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, I know the thing can rotate. My question was 180 degrees from what point? The starting point will infact determine the ending point when only a distance is given....

And the only way I can see the jetski clipping on to the door puts it hangin off the outside of his arm, nowhere near his hand where it would need to be for him to shoot it.

Anyone gonna post a pic anytime soon of both the claw and bow modes?

16. Darkravager

IG, you have you twist the jet ski part 180 degrees from the position it is in while in the alt mode. So yes, it does clip onto the outside of his door. But if it's a laser bow, he doesn't have to have it in his hand. ;)  Like I said before, it's not perfect, but I think it's kinda neat.

For the record, there is at least a knob (sorry for my previous misspelling) on the jet ski. It is at the top underside of the windshield. It's what clips the whole thing to BB's back when it's a jet pack.

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I will be tomorrow.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Still thinking about giving him RID Hightower's handgun

19. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Also see my post here.