Classics Battlechargers, if only they were mass released . . .

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deadends Meds, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

I was playing around with Runamuck this morning, HATING the fact that I missed out on Runabout when the thought occurred to me; Do you think Has/Tak would have made more money globally if they mass released the battle charges as a two pack at the voyager price tag than what they have done by making them TFCC exclusives?

Also as an aside, the voyager price tag two pack was just an off the cuff thought in how they could keep cost down with packaging. I have in no way an understanding of the price/cost ratio for manufacturing processes like this in terms of mass production, machinery adjustments, packaging fabrication, etc.

So in theory if Has/Tak did in fact make a mass release of both of them, would it be cheaper per my suggestion or to keep processes the same and slightly alter the packaging for both individual figures in the same OR two different waves?

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

The increase in revenue would be fairly minimal.

Aside from which it's more or less inevitable somebody is going to suggest they've been making much bigger, more costly, errors with the brand of late anyway.

So i may as well be first to say it.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they would make more money by slightly inflating prices to whatever it is now and just stop releasing exclusives overall. I mean, these (the exclusives themselves, not just the Battlechargers) are characters that fans actually want, and don't want to pay a butt ton of money for.