Classics available at TF Club Shop

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jarodimus, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is... mildly news, I suppose. If it was already posted, please begin the flogging.

The TFCC shop has all 4 Classics Deluxes and both Voyagers in stock. Deluxes are slightly above MSRP at $10.50, and Voyagers are slightly below at $19.50. Add $7 each for non-member prices.

2. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe I'm blind, but I'm just not seeing them listed...

3. TSFC

TSFC Banned

$7.00 extra per piece isn't worth it. I like Classics, don't get me wrong, but they just barely fit their prices as is.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they're there. But, they're listed as 'Deluxe Classics Bumblebee' or 'Voyager Classics Megatron,' so you have to search through the entirety of the store's listings to find them.

-Tony!

5. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

So they overcharge even if you're a member. On toys you can get anywhere else. Ok. Sure.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    ..Bluh? They're not overcharging....

7. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not really. I paid 10.99 at TRU for the deluxe's... not a huge savings but still adds up in the end!

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's why you should become a member.

9. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Oh hell no. I won't give Master Collector $40.00 a year for some mailed periodicals, and a chance at possibly not getting the club's exclusive figure for the year. No thanks. I've got that $40.00 set to be spent on figures I can get now, or in the close future.

Not getting into whether or not MC's reputable and all that, just saying they don't provide me with enough oomph to make the purchase of buying into their club.

No thanks.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I agree 100%. Just not worth it.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I used to think just like you guys. But attending the show this year really changed my opinion. That, and I got everything explained to me in person, and it made sense.

This is a business. You think they make money off your subscription? They barely break even. As much as I hate to admit this, Glen Hallit spoiled us with cheap prices. But we paid cheap prices and got some very cheap crap in response to it.

I know trying to figure out the price and if it makes sense doesn't always come across as sensible, and while I sometimes raise my brow at the stuff inside the collector's issues, you have to remember that's the price you pay for being a part of it, and I'd rather be a part of it than miss out on it.

12. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Eh, I'd still rather miss out on it. Sooner or later, all the info comes down the pike. Takes time, but in the end I get the same results (for better or worse.)

No thanks.

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oh I'm not a member for the information :) 

I think it's just a matter of supporting something. You put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. And I can't really turn my back on that. Glen Hallit and 3H really left a bad taste in my mouth, and I was a last-second sign-up member for the club two years ago.

I re-signed last year expecting good things, expecting to be impressed, and expecting them to live up to their promises. At the beginning, no, I wasn't very impressed. But I think I was just expecting too much too early. I mean, these guys are BUSY. The Council pretty much takes care of all things Transformers related, and Brian and Lenny do the whole "decision" making process, finalization, etc.

I left BotCon 2006 impressed. It took the show to really sway me. My opinions changed on a lot of things. Except IDW Publishing. I don't understand a lot of their decisions as a company and Transformers, but I have a lot of friends involved with it, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and am hoping to be just as impressed.

Wow, I sound like a corporate whore now :) 

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    *defending my earlier post*

If you think you're going to to BotCon, sign up. You save more on that alone as a member than what it costs to be a member. Plus the cost of an exclusive basic is worth the 40 dollars. The insert every couple of months is fun, and a free advertisement isn't shabby if you're thinking about selling anything.

15. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Hey, if you guys enjoy it, more power to you. I hope you get all the good benefits they have to offer.

I still find no need for the club in my collecting life.