Classics Astrotrain...

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Razerwire, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I would have liked a grey and purple version myself, but the shuttle mode looks great in white, like a real space shuttle. So it makes sense.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A great figure from the Classics line,that shows Hasbro still does Triplechangers and it's may not be a Locomotive but a bullet Train is new and Fresh and the Space Shuttle puts the Astro in astrotrain,but sadly their's one problem it's the arms,it's hard to ge the hands out,so it's why i give him a B+.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i so need him! but :useless 

4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Well, you could always check out this gallery.

Or are you looking for pics of the recent Japanese figure?

5. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

After looking at Octane/Tankor's transformation, I decided to see if anything would come of rotating Astrotrain's legs 180 degrees when putting him into train mode. Aside from it not fitting together properly because it wasn't designed that way (wing wheels going into the split nosecone, knee pads extending past the leg and getting in the way, and angled joins between the body and leg sections creating a gap), it's quite solid due to the pegs holding it together, and it really fills out the back end of the train since it presents the inner squared-off area as the outside instead of the rounded shuttle exterior. With a bit of Dremel and paint, I'm sure it'd look pretty decent. If I ever get my hands on a proper kitbashing setup, I'm determined to make this happen.

Seriously, if they would've designed it that way, there would never have been the complaints about the back end looking empty. Heck, it even puts the shuttle's front landing gear on the ground in proper train wheel location.

6. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I just picked this up for $45 after shipping, is that good? Can't wait to play wiff him.

7. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    I got mine in a trade for 2 of the 5 RiD Combaticons... If that helps?

8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive watched them for awhile...that seems like the going price on ebay. I totally enjoy this one. This is one of the most overlooked gems from the older classics line.
    I hear a lot of guys bang on this one, like they hate it. I hear the same about Tankor/Octane...It makes me want to get that one now, just because of how much I like Classics Astrotrain.

seriously..awesome tripler. I just wished it were voyager. I would LOVE to find one of those oversize KOs of this toy. I know I seen one.

9. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I have Classics Tankor/Octane. its ok, but nowhere near the best of the line. They could have done better with him. I would like them to do a voyager Astrotrain, like Blitzwing.

10. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    Agreed. Octane suffers from being both a wave 1 and deluxe triple changer. But, having said that, I like him quite a bit, and just a bit more than Astrotrain. I find Octane's vehicle modes more convincing, but I'd say the robot modes are about par with each other.

As much as I'd like to see the two Decepticon triple changers get re-dos in the voyager size class, I know it will likely never happen and I'm pretty satisfied with what we have already.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got the Henkei one myself and I absolutely love it. I don't find him nearly as messy as Octane whom I feel suffers much more for being a triplechanger than Astrotrain does.

The cartoon accurate colors of the Henkei are wonderful. I'm glad I got it.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be careful the chest fin on mine snapped at the base it's actually connected on the pegs but one piece cracked off from the other.