Classics Astrotrain V2?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Today I was at TRU, and picked up classics Grimlock and Astrotrain. After opening the two, I decided to drop by the feedback thread and see what others had to say about them.

I was astonished to see the complaints about Astrotrain. Floppy shoulders that fall out, a lack of locking forearms, difficulty getting the head out, and a lack of thigh swivels were in almost every post. Mine has none of these problems. The shoulder mechanism is very tight, the forearms lock out (Or if they don't, are firm in staying out), the head is easy to get out, and there's a swivel at the knee joint.

Are people really picky, or did Hasbro make some changes as a running change, as this is a "new" Astrotrain. (Since last time I was at the TRU, they'd sold completely out of deluxe classics, and today they had Mirage and Grimy's.)

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    By swivel knee joints, they mean above the knee, where the joint could do some good. Not below the knee, where the joint does nothing.

No running changes were made.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the shoulder joints and forearm sliders are stiffer, that may be a running change, or more accurately, a minor adjustment.

Either that, or you got lucky. :) 

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's just luck of the draw, people are just more eager to mention it when they're upset over something than when they're happy over it.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Astrotrain has a locking forearm, but that's because a nub was accidentally molded into the plastic that causes it to lock.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It seems the first run on the Classic DXs was a little hurried - a friend of mine bought his four from the first run, and they all had a problem somewhere.

7. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

My Astrotrain was great everything was good and tight. Personally I think Astrotrain is a great figure I'm just not a fan his upper legs and its nothing to do with the figure itself, I just dislike that design and its the same with Jetfire.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Mine's from the first run, before they were even in stores, and I've had no problems at all.