Minor/Repaint: Classics Artfire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ghost Prime, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

I wanted to make Classics Artfire and Stepper for the classics line. Im still working on Stepper but for now heres Artfire.

I took him apart completely but i COULDNT get those bastard siren lights off because the screws broke on me :-(

He transforms perfectly fine as you can see in pics and also his paint hardly scratches at all. chest area is fine but the swing on the doors does slightly chip

Attached Files:

2. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Looks pretty good. Do you have a problem with the white over the red? Usually has to go on thick and chips like a sunuvabitch. What white did ya use?

3. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

your doing it wrong. i ruined 2 infernos trying to whiten out the red. best method is BLACK it all out with a spray and then used a white spray and yo dont get the problem with triple coating

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, if you try to go from red to white, you're going to get slighter shades of red with every coat. Your best bet is to coat with something that voids out the red (like black) I prefer a mute/neutral gray (spray can primer works) From gray, you'll need maybe 2 coats maximum to get that area white.

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Nice :)  looks very similar to mine actually, bar a bit of detailing. Good job though. He's a swine to get apart, so much respect on that.