Classics are the best!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Sep 26, 2006.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really hope that's rhetorical.

They aren't CLASSICS because they're of new TFs....

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think theres a difference in between associating the characters and toys with their g1 counterparts, for semantics sake.

the characters, yes, these are improved versions of the old characters (as opposed to alternate reality version of RID/AMD/ENG/CYB).

toywise, itd be hard to lump in these new guys with the old due to the improved aesthethics and build quality.

that said, i always thought it 'classics' was a misnomer for this line. 'classic' imply the original version. reissue are classics. neo-g1 is more appropriate for these new toys since its pretty accurate; theyre the new g1.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Classics remind me of M.O.T.U. 4H style...just awesome updates of the same characters!

B.T.W. I love M.O.T.U. as much as Transformers, M.O.T.U. is STILL going strong with stactions....Classics will last MUCH longer....

4. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    If I was given the choice by Hasbro...if I wanted either Titanium or Classic to live on post movie....I'd pick Classics without question. Hell if I was given that same choice between Alternators and Classics, I'd still pick Classics. I really think Hasbro would make a mistake if they ended this line after the movie but kept lines like Titanium around. This is the most unified and most excited I've seen Transfans about a line. Hell I had pretty much given up collecting TFs all together. With Alternators going in a direction I didn't like and the TRU reissues ending...and my general dislike of the UT. I didn't have anything left to buy...but Classics pulled me back in. I just think keeping it around would be a smart move on Hasbros part because as I've seen the fandom more unifed by the excitement over Classics...I've never seen it more divided then it has been over the movie desgins. It would just be nice to have a figure or two ever 6 months that we could all agree on.

I considered Alts G1. Right up until Dead End. But even then I thought it was to appease those that wanted Decepticons like yesterday, (I wasn't one of them. I was also never one of those people that said Megatron had to be a gun.) and thus Sunstreaker became Dead End. It wasn't until Grimlock that I realized this line wasn't going to be what I was looking for. (I actually don't own any Alts past Mesiter.) Then Battle Ravage, Shockblast, and Decpticharge followed and just ran that point home. I do like some of the ones after Meister...like Sunstreaker and Skids, but I just never bought them.

Classics...well they basicly said it was G1 at the SDCC, so I'd have to say Yeah I think it's G1. I'm sure when they decide to make a move that doesn't make a lot of sense for G1 someone will come out and say "This isn't G1!" but until then...It is to me.