Classics are the best!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Sep 26, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Watch out! I'm gonna rant!

I don't like titaniums...they are not...fun....simple enough... yeah? Probably not....They look awesome...even megs...but they are really not much more than display figures.

In this small frame of time between the movie us fans are getting THE BEST TRANSFORMERS EVER! (classics) yet we are also getting sub-par expensive displays that half ass transform I.M.O....Optimal Optimus...LAME....

If classics is short lived, (god i hope not, I have been waiting for this for 15 years...) I hope everybody here buys at least 1 of every figure! Why else would you be here?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, do you have any Classics figures yet, or do you just KNOW they will be the bestest ever?

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect to buy all the Classics and be very pleased with them all.

3. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

I don't have any of the classics yet, but I have to agree with the amount of detailed pictures we've got of this line, this seems to be the most promising line in years. Also no dinky cartoon to go with it.... I really hope this line is long lived. Back to the basics... no mini-con/cyberkey gimicks, just cool robots that transformer... what more can we ask for.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i have in in fact consulted my future self, and he has confirmed that classics are indeed awesome.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I ain't got nuthin' yet..but I'll be damned stunned and happy if i see a child buy this before i do!

6. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

My classics will be here tomorrow i ordered from kooltoyz on friday and they are at the sortation plant in halifax as of yesterday.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good to hear. Get any lottery numbers while you had future-you on the phone? :) 

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I have Classics Prime. He is, for a $20 toy, really freaking aces, if not a little small.

Rock on!

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's all the confirmation I need. As far as Classics go anyway. My preorder is with BBTS. I just wish I was as excited about the new Movie TFs as I am the Classics.

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

The titaniums are good cellectables and good for the collector. But yes the Classics will be freakin awesome.

11. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I cant wait to get my Classics, I just love them casue I no longer have any of my originals anymore, so these guys are great to get to replace the old guys.

12. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I don't want to ruin the aprty, but I still don't know why so happiness about classics. They still look too "for-kiddies" toys for me. Too simple transformations and designs.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Um.... they ARE toys for "kiddies." And they're priced accordingly. I think the thing I like about them is that even THOUGH they are kids' toys, they capture the spirit of the characters elegantly and are a nice modernization of the old toys. Which, again, were toys for kids.... that's what I grew up playing with, so it's a neat dose of nostalgia.

And frankly, while I love the complex transformations of Alternators/Binaltech, it can also be exhausting having to transform them. I kinda like the idea of having one cool homage line that is complex, expensive, and collector-oriented (Alternators).... and one cool homage line that is more simple, cheaper, and more mainline-oriented (Classics).

And hey, no party ruined. :)  Heck, if you don't like 'em don't buy 'em..... more for me! ;) 

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I can't wait to get the deluxes. They all look so neat. And Yay for classics Megatron. :D 

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I WILL be getting 2 of each guranteed!

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread made me run to the mailbox to see if my classics Rodimus showed up yet.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I can say with certainty without even holding a single toy in my hands Classics will be by far the best TF toyline ever to grace shelves. This is of course IMO.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Heh, mine too!

19. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I already have the money to buy the first wave.^^ And now that I'm seeing the new figures (Skyfire, Mirage, Grimlock) I'm starting to save money again.
    But this is really an incredible line!

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This line is going to be incredable. I'd be surprised if a figure was made for Classics that I don't pick up (short of something akin to Alt Nemesis Prime).

As for Titaniums... eh... they're alright. They definently aren't for children though. I've got the four available right now (Megs, WWI Prime, WWI Thundercracker & WWI Jetfire) and so far the only one that I think is above average overall is Jetfire. Don't get me wrong... their sculpts all kick ass and they've got very detailed paint apps (if not flacky on some), but they all just have too many drawbacks. From horrid enginering (Megatron mostly) to just having too damned much diecast on 'em (I compared one of my Titaniums to a G1 Original and it'd take three of one of the G1 guys *any of them* to equal the amount of diecast in one of the Titaniums) held together by plastic ball and ratchet joints. Jetfire is really the only one that stands out... his joints seem a little sturdier (probably just his design because nothing was done differently than the others in engineering) and he doesn't seem as weighty as the others. Hell, Thundercracker's got so much diecast on him they had to put magnets on his shoulders so they'd stay up when tfed into jet mode...

Who knows though? Once I get some of the Classics... I may have a few complaints, but it really doesn't look like it. With Titaniums... I had a feeling that there might be some bad eggs from the start, but for the collectors I'd say Tits are worth it... Classics too.