Classics Arcee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Terramotus, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Terramotus

Terramotus Triple-Changer

With Classics Kup coming out, along with the existing Warbot Defender, I'm really feeling the need to complete the movie group. That means I need an Arcee.

Unfortunately, the conventional wisdom of toy companies is that female action figures don't sell. Despite the fact that we got an Animated version, I'm suspecting that we probably won't get a genuine Classics one.

I've thrown out the idea of using Animated Arcee. The super-deformed head kills the look compared to the other Classics guys. Can any of you in possession of any of the third-party Arcees make a recommendation as to which can stand beside the Classics and look appropriate.

The big two I know of are the Cyberfembot and the T.R.N.S-01. I'm leaning towards the T.R.N.S-01, but I'm wondering if there are others. I've been a bit out of collecting for a while (though I've been keeping up with the releases), and there may have been some releases that I missed.

2. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I use Energon Arcee. Along with her repaints Botcon Chromia, Movie 1 Blue Arcee and Movie 1 Elita One.

3. Terramotus

Hmm, forgot about that one. Not bad for cheapness's sake, but I think I'd still lean towards T.R.N.S-01, despite some of the poor reviews I've seen of her.

4. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

If you feel that way. Cungitron, as far as G1 Cartoon-accuracy goes the Energon Arcee mold is really better suited for kitbashing into Beta. Personally, I think I'll scratchbuild. I wouldn't put too much faith in that Generations Kup being any good. Let's review the Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations TFTM characters:
    Hot Rod - fail. Face looks wrong, chest looks wrong, has Unwanted Launcher Syndrome, only two pairs of exhausts
    Ultra Magnus - fail. Without the trailer armour, he looks NOTHING like he did in the movie
    Cyclonus - Mostly win. Good update of the original toy. Smooth design, face looks great, head is more accurate, Nightstick has articulation. They forgot to correct the deco the first time around, the Henkei version is too pale, but they finally got it right on the Challenge at Cybertron 3-pack release
    Wheelie - Six of one, half a dozen of the other
    Galvatron - Epic fail. One size-class too small, should have kept his original altmode, colours wrong, brick... The only good thing about him is the head sculpt.
    Springer - Evac was thematically appropriate. Helicopter, vaguely similar head, rotor-as-sword and all. But Springer could really do with being his own mold, and a triple-changer again.
    Blurr - Blurr in name and colours only.
    Scourge - Fail. The altmode is wrong, and his gun is bullshit. It should have been either: An updated Fracas, to go with Cyclonus' updated Nightstick or his regular laser blaster, NOT a non-transforming weapon that looks like Fracas' gun-mode.

Given all this, I wouldn't bet on this rumored Kup being any good. So apart from Cyclonus, I'm personally gonna stick to tweaking the 1986 figures (or in Arcee's case scratchbuilding my own). Now, it would be great if Hasbro made an exactingly accurate Generations Arcee and sold it mass-retail. In fact, I think they should be forced to do this if necessary. TRNS-01 looks passable, but it's not a real TF, and it's bloody expensive.

As for Warbot Defender, I've seen pictures, and I'm not all that impressed.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    a classics arcee has been heavily hinted at way back when kup was started to get heavily hinted

i think we are gonna have one real soon

6. Terramotus

Iiiinteresting. Didn't know that. I guess I'll hold off and see what comes out.

7. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

I love the TRNS-01. It's my first unlicensed Transformers toy, and I was not disappointed.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    While I normally don't think Animated fits in aesthetically with other lines, I've got Animated Arcee sitting on my Classics shelf. Granted, we probably will get a 'real' Classics Arcee one day, but this is fine with me for now.

9. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i use energon arcee, she's fine in terms of scale and an updated look ala generations/classics/universe u can find em cheap on ebay

10. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

This is probably the only one I would consider buying

MGT-01 Arcee(Delicate Warrior) Preorder

I am just waiting for news of a Classics style Arcee to be released. If not, I will be taking this route.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Have you taken a look at the news today?

KUP IS THE AWESOME!!!!

Thanx
    Transbot90210

12. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Kup is the awesome! But i do not think arcee being a female figure will affect her sales if they make a classics version. Look at how animated arcee sold.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

That is about the only part of this post I agree with.

I don't know how you can say they got Scourge's alt mode "wrong" either. At least he has a discernible alt mode now.

14. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    classics arcee will happen.

she'll be joining kup, blurr, FP magnus, FP springer and FP rodimus very soon.

15. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    :lol  So it's been heavily hinted at now? No it hasn't.

Kup was heavily hinted. Somebody ask Hasbro about seeing Kup and Arcee, and they responded with maybe you'll see at Botcon. At the panel, one of the designers coughed up Kup's name. That's it.

Now where's the heavily hinted rumors for Arcee?

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Dude, do you even LIKE Transformers?

17. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

Im gonna hold out for an official one. The awesomeness of Kup and Wreck-garr has caused me to consider putting together a little CHUG TF:TM team. Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup and Wreck-Garr will do for starters, an Arcee would be the icing on the cake.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

19. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    :lol  More like it sounds he wants them to be a carbon copy of what they look liked in the 80's. Good thing for him though, is that those eighties toys are available.....via ebay, reissues, etc.

The point of the Classicverse is to have the characters updated with modern designs, and using modern technology. Keyword: MODERN

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i really want an Generations arcee. im mad that hasbro made animated arcee an TRU Exclusive. i really want an gens arcee becuase i really want an car trasnformnig arcee