Minor/Repaint: Classics Arcee Gallery

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DavidLoPan, Jan 16, 2011.

1. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Hello,

First off..thanks to uuser for creating the head/guns sculpts. They really saved me a lot of time...and they kick arse. I also borrowed uusers idea for attaching the hip kibble to the backpack, so her waist is more visible. She stands a bit taller as well. Hope you like the gallery and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Been waiting for you to make a thread for this one since I saw the one pic in uuser's thread. Great work on the colors and placement. Very clean custom. I really want to do this but I just can't justify paying $29 for a head that can be cast for under $10 :( 

One thing I would change is the matte black window, just seems like it sticks out compared to the rest of the car

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Arcee is a lean, pink fighting machine, and she looks awesome. I agree with Lucs comment in vehicle mode, but I could look at it as the black color recedes instead of standing out..but in robot mode I wouldn't change a thing..so up to you. Great job, imho. :thumb  :thumb 

4. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is sweet !!! just like Arcee ;)  I got d head 2 and its worth d money ..hope my Arcee look good as yours

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    She looks AWESOME! Love the new head and I think I will have to try that hip mod.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    "Awesome" is my thought. :) 

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Beautifully done, sir. :thumb 

8. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is really nice. Glad the head and guns works
    the painting is really clean. I especially like the feet on her. Excellent job!!

9. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    dude, it is not fair to calculate the cost of the head just by the material. Do you have any idea how long it took me to finish the head sculpture? I tried 6 designs in one month, this is the final version .
    Even for the cast itself, it is a lot of labor. When I design the head, it is NOT aimed for recasting, so there are many small features on her face, like the nose, the eyes, the thin lips. So it is not like pull the resin in, get one head out, I have very low yields ( if you are interested, I could send you the picture the pile of failed casted head), I will say50-60%. Even for the heads that could be used, I have to manually fix the eyes or lips with epoxy ( bubbles are usually accumulate in these parts). and then I need to paint them with primer, then polish 1st time, 2nd time primer. mask face, paint, hand painting the eyes, dry brush the guns.

after so long, I only made ~30 heads. I won't make more when all of them are sold. Please don't compare this work with those of simply recast parts. With the similar time I spent, I could make several full body customs, which easily worth more.
    Just because a lot of people ask me for recast of my custom head before, and I have no plan to sell a full custom of this arcee (For the full custom I sold, I won't duplicate any of the part, including head to make it original), I made these heads for those who like her.

Sorry for my tone if it is a little aggressive, just want to share you with some details.

Thank you for those have trusted me for this work. Hope you all enjoy it.

10. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    your right! PERIOD!!

and this comes from the man thinking the Ultra Magnus MP Armor and Animated Omega Prime are overpriced... I just wanted to say... actually they are worth even more, but just not for me...

but I know the extreme amount of work that went in there!

So good job for UUSER... and good job on the perfect 10 paintjob for the OP!

11. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Bleeper of Blorps

News Credits:
    Nice work!! I'm waiting for my set to show up in the mail, and I think it will totally be worth the money spent!

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Looks good! If Generations Arcee looks at least that good, I'm set :) 

13. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    very very nice. :D 

14. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Don't mean to de-rail this thread but I just have to apologize. I thought you were selling them unpainted. I just re-checked your ebay listing and you do mention painted and unpainted. I would also like to say this again, I do think your work is amazing. Thanks for making these available to the community, I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the finished product.

Sorry guys

15. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Your Arcee looks smashing. The head works really well and that shade of pink seems perfect. Are you using acrylics or enamels? Do you have rub issues with the ball joints in her elbows?

16. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    This looks official.

17. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  18. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. I think the black canopy looks pretty good..so I'm gonna stick with it. Plus I really wanted the clear red autobot emblem to show (instead of the white). But I appreciate the feedback. Thx guys.

beigoma - I use acrylics sprays. The pinks are from Tamiya and the white is Krylon fusion. I also used a lusterless flat overcoat from Model Masters.

Sure there are rub issues with the ball joints on her elbows. But I did some light sanding in the area where the ball joint plugs in to minimize it.

19. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:

You don't need to apologize. It is just some misunderstandings. Glad you know it now. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks, man. always glad to hear the feedback

20. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Right on. I don't do a lot of customizing but I had contemplated painting Arcee blue (Chromia). The elbow joints were my biggest concern. I'm still not sure if I'll do it but any info I can get helps.

Thanks for responding. Once again, you've got a really nice looking custom there. Keep up the good work!