Classics appreciation thread....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I just got Starscream and Astrotrain today from my PO. I'm still tinkering with Screamer and puting him in all kinds of poses, and all I can say is that this bot just rocks!

He's robot mode is great, the head, legs, arms and torso are just screaming Starscream. His alt mode is also great, with a lot of details.

The toy has flaws, like those BFG's he has on his arms, also the right wing on my Screamer won't sit flush with the body in robot mode, and his left wing has gotten loose while I was trying to transform him the first time, luckily it still holds the position it was put in, but I think it won't survive a prolonged handling and transformation (if you put it in the hands of a child, I think it would have gotten loose in a few days, if not in 2).

Still the overall condition of this toy just makes me forget about these flaws, he is that good. To tell you the truth I'm tempted to sell my CS reissues of Skywarp and Thundercracker, and get me a classics versions of these characters and Ramjet. It would be a shame if Hasbro will not make all of the seeker jets in a classics line.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

He is pretty awesome. My favorite pose to place Starscream is to use one of the Marvel Legends stands and make Starscream looks like he's floating. Did once with his alt mode too. Looks pretty sweet.

But yeah, Classics has to be one of my favorite Transformer lines in a long while. I just love sitting down and fiddling with all of them. Plus, they just feel like they were made to be put in really sweet looking poses, especially with the Likes of Prime, Bumblebee and Screamer(and Megatron to a degree as well). Kudos Hasbro:thumb 

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I love Screamer, though at the minute, I have him as my Psuedo-Armada Thrust. His jet nosecone sits with the edge just over his eyes. The wings are left as they would be in plane mode, and the guns, minus missiles, on the wing mounts.

What do you think of Astrotrain though?
    He seems to get a lot of 'meh' but personally I love the figure.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love em all!

5. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

I got Rodimus and Starscream. I wish they would had named Rodimus Hot Rod instead.

6. Razorclaw

I haven't opened him yet. I'm going to put him as a Christmass present under a tree, which he basically is.

Why don't you call him whatever you want?! If what is written on the box irritates you so much, just throw it away.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Byah.

8. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Heh that's cool. Does anyone else keep the little velcro thingies? I normally toss the packaging but I thought these were cool enough to keep.

9. Razorclaw

What velcro thingies?
    (what is velcro by the way? don't let my skill in typing english fool you I was not born as a citizen of an english speaking world)

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The FLIP cards on front of the Classics that show the Bot mode and Alt. mode. Velcro is the stuff that holds it closed.

11. Razorclaw

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the info. In my country things like that have "chichak" atribute added, because they're like a seed of plant called chichak (spelled cheechak) that's round, about 1cm in diameter and has a lot of hooks, so it sticks to your pants. I don't know how that is called in english, so can I have some help here (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)??

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Growing up we called them chiggers.

I love posing Prime and Starscream. I found a decent pose for Astro and left him there. Bumblebee is good posibilaty wise, but I'm not fond of the jetski.

13. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Hm nope...can't find the word for em......come to think of it, I don't even know what they're called in Swedish.

And as for classics, all I can say is that they rock :music 
    They've just been hitting the shelves here in Sweden and on just two weeks I'va managed to find Starscream, Bumblebee and Rodimus (Astrotrain and the Voyagers has still been hiding from me though)

And as for a sidenote: is this apreciation enough ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLU5ls4OCqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Srbtn5phc

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have Screamer but haven't opened it yet. I am thinking about getting another one to keep sealed, and possibly getting the reprolabel for it.

15. Razorclaw

Lucky you, my country hadn't had transformers since 1993. I had about 30 something as a kid, prior to starting mu collecting habits again in 2001, that means I got 2/3 of my collection abroad. My country got some tfs this year, but they're all leftovers from previous series, mostly Energon, and they got some Cybertron figs in, but to tell you the truth none of this new stuff interests me. I mean, I'm a G1-ner at heart, which means Classics is my 'dream come true' but I also like BW and RID, I already got all the figs I want from Energon and Armada, there are figs I want from Cybertron, but since I don't know when Classics will come to my country, and when I take tf prices here, 2 classics deluxe tfs shipped from US cost me 38 euros shipped. That's almost the amount I have to pay for a 2 Cybertron deluxe tfs. So it's a no brainer for me on what to spend my hard earned cash.

EDIT: I just saw your Rodimus video, its awesome. I love it how you incorporated the TF:TM sounds and music. I'm having trouble with firefox playing the other video, so I can't comment on it right now.