Classics - a definitive list anywhere?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kutsu, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Kutsu

Kutsu New Member

Guys/gals

Does anyone have a definitive list of all the classics, including known variants and repaints? Things like the Botcon exclusives being repaints etc

I have the basic list of the released figures, but Im sure there are things I',m not aware of.

Much obliged

2. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
  3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Something not listed in the above but I know to be true. There is a variant of Starscream be it a minor one. On the original Starscream release there are 4 rectangles on the ingravings of the jet intakes. On Ramjet and later releases including Starscream and I believe Skywarp there are 5 rectangles. Like I said minor but a variant none the less. This can be seen from the outside of a sealed package but you have to look for it.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    That's exactly right. The mold for Starscream was slightly modified when released with the Wave 2 figures. The engravings above the intakes are clearer on the re-mold due to the angle of the instake itself being less steep. As you said, if anyone compared their Wave 1 version of Starscream with Skywarp or Ramjet, they'll notice the difference. There are pics of it somewhere over on Seibertron.

A lot of people are still scratching their heads why such an insanely subtle change was even made in the first place. And I'm still scratching my head at how anyone even managed to notice it!

5. planetjacker

News Credits:
    I only know because someone on the allspark posted the diffrence. I also wonder how this was noticed.

6. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    there's a difference in the Megatron boxes today too. I noticed that my wave 1 Megatron's "card" (the thing that folds upwards near the box window) is a simple, 1 fold design.

I saw a Megatron on the shelf today at Wal-Mart. The card folded up, then out to reveal another panel of art / another picture.

7. planetjacker

News Credits:
    Don't supose you got a pic of that? I would like to see that.