Classics 2/Universe Q: How many new molds?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

So this might be a dated question at this point, but I was wondering if we know for certain how many new molds will be involved in next fall's classics 2.0/universe line?

I've heard of Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Galvatron, and a few others but I haven't seen any designs or anything for them.

I know it is probably not well founded, but I have a silly fear that this line could be filled using repaints from the first Classics run, i.e. Mirage as Sideswipe, Rodimus as Sunstreaker, and Megatron (well, left with the same paint scheme :lol ) as Galvatron.

2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Octane a new mold as well I think.. so that's 3 new molds total?

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The only thing we've seen is concept art for Sideswipe/ Sunstreaker (which is the same basic mold with a remolded head and new weapons for Sunstreaker) and Octane. Galvatron is still a rumor, though personally I'm pretty sure it'll probably happen.

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

QFT. This is sadly all we know at this point.

At Botcon the Hasbro gang also dropped extremely strong hints of Prowl, Ironhide, and then briefly mentioned Jazz in the ensuing Q&A.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think they said it was 8 new molds not including any potential repaints or remolds... but then again, Alternators were only supposed to have 6 molds.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    And that only counts Sideswipe and Sunstreaker as one. They were working on a way to transform the chest 2 unique ways on the same mold. Hope it looks good!

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I really hope they can figure out a way to put the windshield on Sunstreaker's chest, even if it is a fake one like Alt. Tracks....though that's just the inner Geewunner in me trying to break loose.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Well, it worked for the alternators, even if they didn't mean to.

I'm expecting them to make that the official transformation difference between the two classics.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The way I remember reading it, was that they had already figured out a way for Sunstreaker and Sideswipe to have different chests while being the same basic mold. Other than those two, Octane and Galvatron are really the only one's we know about yet (even at that, things can still change from now till then). We also know that they plan to have 8 Deluxe's and 3-4 Ultra's in next years run of them. Personally, I'm hoping that they at some point repaint/remold Sideswipe as Red Alert.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro will make as many new toys as is profitable. However many that is depends entirely on how well they sell. I'd imagine we'll get a decent number of toys out of this line, though.

11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

To clarify I guess I'm talking about immediately scheduled for the next set of planned waves as opposed to total number and characters that may one day down the line be included (go classics!).

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Which is currently unknown by us. I'm sure Hasbro has at least some of that figured out by now. :p