Classics 2-pack Optimus Prime vs. Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by NotoriousBIC, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got this set yesterday.

To :horse:  a little more, yes: OP's vehicle mode is suckariffic. (It does look pretty cool to have a Mini-Con riding the back manning the gun, though.) His 'bot mode, meanwhile, is [​IMG]. I've noticed a few interesting things about his sculpt. First, his forehead crest contains a Gundam-esque four-pointed star rather than the typical Prime "vent" detailing -- first time I remember seeing that design on a Convoy/OP head. Second, his shoulders don't match -- the right has some pipelike detailing, but the left is featureless. My guess is that they originally planned to put a faction symbol on the left shoulder (like most G1 cartoon depictions and the 20th Anniversary toy).

On to Megatron: :rock ! I REALLY like him. He has lots of interesting mold details, and the color combination is a unique one for a Megs. I especially like the copper paint details. I have no problem with his lack of a right hand -- he gets a wicked-looking cannon/spinny blade of death instead!

As a final note, the headsculpts on both of these guys make them somehow look like younger versions of the characters to me. So that's what they'll be in my Classics brain fiction.

2. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    These guys were worth the price, barely. I've yet to crack open the DVD as TV's disconnected for the big move.

4. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

From what I read on the discussion thread, he fixed it before taking the pictures.

And damn, didn't realize Prime's and Megatron's eyes were back-lit like that. The glowing eyes make Prime's head tolerable, as long as its in shadow. Megs' eyes just add to the badassness of him.

Thinking I'll have to add some silver metallic paint to Prime's grille and stuff, though.

5. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Prime looks awful in truck mode, but his robot mode is pretty nice.

Megatron looks great in both modes. I just wish he was in G1 colors, me wants a silver tank damnit!

6. Destroyificator Prime

Destroyificator Prime What an ass!

My Megs had his feet backwards. About 2 minutes with the ol' screwdriver was all the medicine he needed.

If you line up Prime's torso and pull out on the "Blender action" lever, he'll stay locked in place for less disco posing.

Nothin' but luv for these!

Prime 8.5

Megs. 9.0

Highly recommended!

Wuv,

D.P.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I assumed that was the case for the shoulders. A sticker goes on the 'blank' shoulder ver nicely.

Hadn't noticed the head crest detailing before now. That's interesting. I find it very curious that, given how 'G1' the overall design of this Prime is, that they did as much deviating in the detail work as they did.

On my Prime, I painted some silver on the wheel well parts that become the waist area. (the silver goes on the rear of the wells, so it doesn't wreck the truck mode any more than it already is.). Really pulls together the look.

8. sharkatron

sharkatron Active Member

Who is that girl in your sig? I keep seeing this picture of the same girl on other peoples sigs too. Does she work as a model at transformer/comic book conventions?

9. Frognal

Pictures?

10. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

ill get this set

11. Feralstorm

News Credits:
    OK, here 'tis. Probably could use some more touching up, but I like to keep it to a minimum.
    [​IMG]

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude your MP is really dusty -.-"

13. Feralstorm

News Credits:
    Yes. ... Yes it is.

14. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

ya know, for the Megatron foot fix, I didn't think it looked "that" much better in the pics you took, but I decided "What the hell, I'll do it for myself" and man, it looks WAY better now. I do not know what I was thinking earlier.

Prime poses Ok, but you bump him and his torso spins according to gravity :p 
    You can get some really nice poses out of this mould if you can overcome the spinning. I ma thinking of somehow tightening up that joint, not sure how I will yet..

15. Frognal

Pull the tab (that you push in to spin) out. Locks the upper torso in place.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my set tonight and also had to do the foot fix on Megs.

After making the change, it's a significant improvement in the look of the alt mode.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two words: Swiffer cloths.

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime: I LOVE the bot mode. The gimmick is ridiculous, thank god you can lock it. For some reason prime has pupils molded into his eyes, looks kind of strange. Articulation is very nice. The guns rawks. Truck mode is horrendous.

Megatron: the Right arm is very lame, and the spinning gimmick is pretty dumb. Also his right shoulder is kind of loose and the whole arm popped off the first time I tried to transform him. The rest of his bot mode is very cool, with beautiful sculpting and paint details all around. I like the feet the way they came assembled, with the larger portion in front. Cool handgun, love the flip out arm-stock. Tank mode is solid and pretty cool, but I wish the turret spin was a little tighter.

19. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but isn't this the first prime in a long time to hit north america that actually has long smoke stacks?

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah I was gushing about that when I opened him! Love the stacks.