Classics 2.0, wave two speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronicHide, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see updated, Tracks, Trailbreaker, and some that are already in the line but are not new molds. Like Soundwave, & Devastator, or how about a Biltzwing even though he will be in Animated. I think the Decepticons are out numbered and in need of some reinforcements. Right now it is Megs, Astrotrain and the seekers.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought Towline was kind of scrawny, so I never bought Botcon Ironhide or Ratchet.

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

FL - no, sorry, I was being unclear.
    I didn't think they would be remolds of Towline (good).
    I just thought Hasbro didn't like various versions of the same name/character available too close together.

(Hence, several 'whaa...!??' comments about TFA and Classics Prowl.)

Conceivably we could have Movie, TFA, and Classics 2 lines of Ironhide and Ratchet all on our toyshop shelves pretty close together.

Zang.

Agreed on all points, Ironhide2005. (Man, we have to change our names if this thread is going on much longer. My head hurts from too many Ironhides. How ironic.)

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    It's info I've had for over a year now...
    and when I first announced it in a thread at transtopia because of a bad mood i was in because of some ppl there... futhermore I was ridiculed on this board (Link at bottom of quote) at the time when I wasn't even an active member because of my comments.
    But im not going to let that effect me...

Cloudraker posted it here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=140513

We all know Octane is now Tankor, and Prowl's release was bumped up from the original info I had at the time to wave 1

and as well as Ironhide and Ratchet have been bumped to a future wave

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:

cool, not doubting you at all...and seeing as how your past info (which i didnt know about until just now) has come true, seems like you got a good source...hopefully this continues, as i really want a new ironhide and ratchet to join the ranks of classics...

EDIT: you know, i just read the first 40 posts of that thread, and people suck...i love how anytime someone posts something but doesnt specify where they got the info from, people just tear them apart...even former Mod's here where calling it fake, and saying that classics was cancelled and never coming back...but they didnt know for sure, since its now back with a vengeance...

6. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    Yea my source is directly from Hasbro (Unofficially mind you) a friend of mine I met online back in 2000 works there and has worked under Archer in the past.

I don't get regular updates but every few months he drops a hint in my e-mail/im/text message.

The 25th anniversay is going to be extremly huge TF wise!

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too me too! Classics Ironhide would be golden...

Can't wait for botcon info to start coming in. I think I'm more excited to find out who's in upcoming universe waves then I am to buy wave one! Haha

8. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:

Thanks,
    This is one of the reasons I've been iffy on revealing info to sites like TFW/Tfans etc... in the past because i knew the problems that would arise, Most of the info i have been passed on has been close to 70% accurate in the past even though there have been Naysayers on Transfandom.com in it's hey day I still dropped info on the board cause I knew people wanted to know, While I couldn't show pics i had at the time cause of Aeo's stance on Proto's we could talk about them.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    sweet dude, that's an awesome hookup...only unfortunate thing is i'll be buying a house the same time as the 25th anniversary, which means cutting back even more...hopefully i win the lottery soon so i can buy all my toys and a house too....

and also, you gotta understand why people are naysayers sometimes too...without direct confirmation, no one wants to get their hopes up. but as you prove yourself more and more, people will come around...

10. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Really? Which one?

I'm sure Hasbro would love to know, because there's this thing called a "Non-Disclosure Agreement" ... and it basically says they can sue you until you die if information on future product is released without approval. And while they may not sue you (since I doubt you've signed an NDA), the person that's dropping you some PRETTY OBVIOUS HINTS (entire wave assortments?) will most likely be fired.

All because you just wanted to help the fandom.

You see, there's this thing called tact. And what tact is, is basically knowing when it's okay to say something and NOT okay to say something. Yes, there's a lot of people on TEH INTERNATS that know more than they should about things. But just because someone finds out (from a friend no less, as you say) doesn't mean we should rush to the forums and start posting the information.

But just for fun, we'll get the ball rolling and see what we come up with!

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Any info on that? Thats the most exciting thing I've heard!(Please don't be the classic green tank megs from 2006!)

12. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I hope they release Galavatron seperatly too.
    I already have the voyager Megatron and don't really want another.

13. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    nope never signed a NDA (I DON'T WORK FOR HASBRO!!!) :p  and funny I've seen people on here in the past dropping the same sort of info I have, and they usually get driven off because of the flack they get, But I guess it comes with the territory, and for future refrence, The Line up I post is not the full Universe wave line up other wise you would have seen the intire list that I do have including Universe Blaster etc...
    I can reveal that's it's from a friend, but he's smarter then Aaron was with his Orson's world section he had here, plus his e-mails aren't from a hasbro server or his own personal computer. Aaron's showboatting taught a lot of ppl what not to do.
    But it's nice to see that from a year ago nothing has truely changed...

Now why do I get the feeling i'm being threaten with this statement?

14. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Here's my want list:

DELUXE:
    Red Alert
    Downshift (retooled classics Bumblebee)
    Ratchet
    Ironhide
    Elita 1 (Retooled cyb. Thunderblast)
    Smokescreen
    Brawl (retooled classics 2.0 Galvatron)
    Soundwave (the MP3 one, minus the electronics)
    Arcee (the ureleased Ti. one)
    Cosmos (same as Arcee)

ULTRA and/or VOYAGER
    Motor Master (Even "Stunticon" could work for a name)
    Shockwave (Or "Shockblast" or whatever)
    Perceptor (retool/repaint of cyb. Red Alert)

LEADER and/or SUPREME (a pipe dream if there ever was one)
    Trypticon
    Metroplex
    Omega Supreme
    Fort Max

STORE EXCLUSIVES
    Runabout and Runamuk (retool of classics Bumblebee) 2-pack
    Pepsi Prime (retool of classics voy. Prime w/ new trailer) pepsi online store exclusive

I'd LOVE to see most of these released before Universe/Classics 2.0 ends. :D 

15. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    Im afraid I have nothing more then the listing of it atm so Idk if it's Tank megs or gun megs, I think Tank Megs would fit the theme if they decided to make it such with Galvatron being a Tank.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here.

17. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Smokescreen > Silverstreak, all day and all night.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Tru dat. Streak is a civilian car and doesn't turn heads like cop cars and race cars do.

I hope plans for the Megatron/Galvatron 2-pack have been changed since you last heard, JOHN. I was hoping for Galvatron alone, or if packaged with anyone, it would be Cyclonus.

19. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    I know there were an in package mock up pics of Galvatron awhile back but it might have been changed to sell off the remaining Tank Megs Stock, as they packaged the FAB movie prime with the crappy Optimus from the Battle Begins 2 pack.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i second tracks and trailbreaker, as well as hoist...

and even if the two pack is with tank megatron, i'll still buy it, and just sell off the tank megatron since i have him already. though i still hope galvatron will be release by himself as well...