Classics 2.0, wave two speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronicHide, Apr 16, 2008.

1. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hi all.

Just speculation.
    I've probably got things wrong here so please correct me.

Supposing that wave two is five toys - three or four deluxes with one or two bigger (voyager or ultra) toys - and given what we know is coming up, what new toys have we got to look forward to?

- My assumption is that we'll get the Galvatron (deluxe) and Silverbolt (voyager) that have already been previewed.
    - We know that we're getting Sunstreaker re-jigged as Sideswipe at some point, so I'd add that.
    Or are these anticipated toys going to be staggered? Will they be held back as the fandom drools?
    - I'd think it likely to include a Prowl re-paint (Silverstreak, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, or Ricochet or Streetwise, who knows, maybe Wildrider, Runabout), but am I being cynical of Hasbro?

That's four.
    Who else is likely? Who would you like to see? Would we get a second 'bigger' toy? Would the second wave even have five toys?

(This is, of course, not counting the Cybertron re-paints...)

2. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm praying for Ironhide.

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Mmmm, Ironhide goodness.
    Though I guess the old Towline Botcon repaints might preclude it.

And, as far as Ironhide toys go, I'm still in love with the Movie one.
    (I can't have two toys with the same name, I'll go crazy, I tells you.)

We also have a speculated Jizai Ironhide coming. (If you like incredibly expensive transformers that you have to assemble yourself and shatter if you look at them wrong.)

*segue*

Personally, I'd love a Classics Cyclonus. Voyager size, slightly different alt mode, pointy head bits, the lot.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I speculate I'll know a lot more next week. :D 

But my guesses are for deluxe Arcee and Cosmos. And an Ultra, say, Motormaster. Keep the sub-group leaders coming.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    speaking of, are you guys going to be updating like last year? That was very cool. And who will be handling the updates this year?

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Many of us on news staff will be there. I personally will have my laptop and camera. So when I see news, or attend a panel, I'll be able to update instantly!

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that Jazz was rumored to be in the classics line. I would have to say Cosmos, Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Galvatron, Silverbolt and a voyager Shockwave would be nice.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Galvatron, Sideswipe, and a repaint of Prowl are likely for Wave 2, imo. As are one or both of the Voyager repaints we know of so far. Silverbolt would be another good addition to the wave (he's an Ultra, not a Voyager, btw). I'm thinking the waves will probably be staggered, so we might see one or two new Deluxes, and maybe the Voyagers and a new Ultra.

9. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Combinable Combaticons & Constructicons would sent me flying off to Heaven.

10. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Typically the second wave of any new line is smaller than the big initial wave for the launch of the line. So I'd only expect 1 new Ultra and 2 new deluxes. So Silverbolt, Galvatron, and I'd have to guess Ironhide.

Though maybe U.Ironhide will be pushed back since wave 2 Universe might be close to the time frame the supposed animated Ironhide might be showing up too.

Sideswipe, Prowl repaints I'd guess will be held back not to make the fandom drool, but simply to space out the "repeats", just like Cliffjumper & Ramjet weren't in the wave right after Bumblebee & Starscream, or like how almost any repaint doesn't immediately follow a previous version. (Yes, some exceptions like exclusives, Energon limbs, movie repaints, but normally...)

But besides the new molds I think we might see the first deluxe/Ultra repaints for Universe too. Say perhaps Cyb. Menasor as "Devastator", Cyb.Thunderblast as Elita-1, and E.Sharkticon in either Nemesis, Sweeps, or G1 Sharkticon colors plus wave 2 voyager repaints CD Scattorshot as Warpath and Crumplezone in new colors.

11. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    From the Info I have I believe this is the current (Classics) Line up for the Retail market as follows, (But subject to change):

Wave 1 Assortment,

Deluxe:

Sunstreaker (pn836650000)
    Prowl (pn8366500001)
    Tankor (pn836650002)

Ultra:

Onslaught (pn836650003)
    Powerglide (pn836650004)

Wave 2 Assortment,

Deluxe:

Sliverstreak
    Sideswipe
    Store Exclusive: Decepticon Evolution 2 pack. (Megatron & Galvatron)

Ultra:

Sliverbolt
    (?) "Awaiting trademark"

Now from the info I have, there are a few possiblities on who Ultra 2 could be I have heard Hotspot tossed around as well as "Stunticon Leader" and Sludge
    Ironhide and Ratchet are listed "In name only" atm for Wave 3 Assortment, Along with Brake Down (Retool & Repaint) but of which mold is not listed, my guess would be the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold.

There's also this Video of a re-invisioned Final fight from TFTM (86) Of Optimus and Megatron at Hasbro's site link for Universe:
    http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/universe/

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    As am I and many others

13. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Thanks for the info, all, esp. Dillinga. Hooray for Silverstreak!

Look forward to it, FL.

(I'm actually a bit surprised that Classics 2 would get Ironhide and Ratchet, given the Botcon toys, and the movie and TFA versions.)

Ok, so who/what would you most like to see?
    That's the most important question.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:

where'd you get this info?

15. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I think because Ironhide and Ratchet are said to be intirely "New Molds" and most likey we wont see them till some point in 2009/10
    So it's not infringing on the Timelines retool & repaints

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If Universe Ironhide and Ratchet are made, they will be no more remolds of Energon Towline than Universe Prowl is an Alt Prowl remold.

17. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    I don't think were gonna see an animated ironhide toy one,two Due too the fact of ironhide being in the movie they could sell more of him,thirdly we have yet seen any G1 acurate ironhide ever,Fourthly botcon doesn't really count since it wasn't open to the public(what I mean is that you can't just walk into a toy store and buy him)

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds cool to me. They "Awaiting Trademark" could potentially be Shockwave, though I still think that's for the Animated line(the trademark thingy for him that is). Sludge is doubtfull, imo, as they are going with realistic vehicles, though I wouldn't say no to him either. Good news about Silverstreak and Brake Down. A Megatron and Galvatron 2-pack sounds cool (wouldn't actually mind getting a Megs). Hopefully Target is the store that gets that exclusive (I don't shop at Walmart anymore, and I don't get to TRU often). Just curious, how do you know this stuff this early? I'm guessing you have an inside source of some sort like some other board members. Let's hope that your source is reliable, as this sounds good.

That and if they do make a Universe Classics Ironhide, it won't be a repaint of the mold that was used for Botcon Ironhide and Ratchet (can't remember it's name atm).

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah...and if they do announce they are doing new molds for those two, i'll be able to save money by not buying the 05 set from FP...though if hasbro does make a new ironhide, i wonder if FP will just sit on those leftover sets for a long time...i really want deathsaurus and ironhide, but i know i can find deathsaurus by himself if a new ironhide is coming out....

20. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Are you trying too say thats a bad thing?That mold(energon towline I belive)isn't really all that great for the line