Minor/Repaint: Classics 2.0/Universe Scourge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RodimusDawg, Sep 9, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been awhile since I posted anything new so I figured let's toss this out since I just finished.

I used a Energon Sharkticon (I believe) figure as a base that I got from Family Dollar. I didn't know what exactly what I was going to do with it when I bought it but I figured hell spares parts if needed. The idea hit me when I was fiddling around with it in bot mode and the front of what I believe is a sub makes this wings/cape deal. And I thought hey kinda like Scourge.........:banghead: . After beating myself up I got started on it and then like always went and started something else.:dunce 

It wasn't until Sector 70 had posted there contest entries here did I remember hey I should finish that, and I wish that I would have been paying attention and would have know about the contest to try and finish it in time to enter.

This custom is inspired by Spurt Reynold's entry in the aspects of the head and the blue detailing in the white. I was stuck on a head and once I saw his I beheaded my extra scrap Universe Cyclonus. The head mounted camera/laser thingy was made from a BW-T Inferno antennae which was drilled out a bit. For the lens I inserted a crimping bead and put a dot of clear red over it. I kept adding a drop every once in a while about 4 more times to give it the convex camera lens feel. The mustache is the V-crest from a gundam and the mouth and beard are styrene.

Bot Mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Removed all the fins the figure had, Added Gundam hands and I also added Cyclonus's Knees to cover up a gaping slot where a pair of fins once were. The knees are actually my favorite part of this custom. Because when it is in Alt mode the knees look like vents that help keep it in air. And I think it gives him and Universe Cyclonus a similar design, ya know being they were made by Unicron an all.

ALT Mode:
    [​IMG]

As a base Sharkticon was a surprisingly fun figures as well. The alt mode IMO is has a strikingly strong resemblance to Scourge, a hovering sub or skiff. All the gun turrents rotate and the barrels hinge. I painted the missiles and the cockpit windows clear red. It's kinda hard to see them. The only gripe doing this customs and using this figure is that the rub points this thing has is beyond infuriating. Everything and I mean everything rubs at some point.

Attack Mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and as always comment and critique.

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Excellent work! I saw a digibash of this mold as Scourge almost 2 years ago (with a much darker blue) and after seeing it, I always thought this would make for a pretty awesome Scourge. You've done a great job on this one. The paint apps are great and the head looks very nice. Those hands work really well also. I've been debating on whether to use my extra Energon Sharkticon to make one of the Sweeps to go along with my recent Scourge custom. This may just get me to do it. Keep up the great work!

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    This should've been the BotCon mold.

Good job!

4. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very nice, i have two of these for just this reason. good job, to bad you beat me to it.

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that looks great. awesome job

6. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always enjoy looking at the Customs, but for some reason its only when someone uses the Energon Sharkticon mold that I feel the urge to post what I think. :D 

This is a GREAT custom, and I agree about how this should have been the mold for Botcon. And I love that hand mod you did. If I had any of that Radicon talent I would totally give it to my Sharkticon figures.

7. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Thanks a lot HXcpunk I toiled away on this thing for days. I'm find myself going back through the older lines and seeing what I can use outta of them. I'm kicking myself for not getting back into collecting until the Classics line. And I feel ya on making the sweeps unfortunately I grabbed the one and only in town. And speaking of hands I have another set for these but I still have to paint the blue with the red tips yet.

Thanks Aniprowl and yeah the Ratbat/Sideways mold has been used a fair amount now it time to go back into the vault.

I'm a procrastinator tsk tsk tsk. Nah just pulling your legs. I myself and I'm sure other would still like to see them.

Thanks Thyviper.:D 

8. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    :lolol  :lolol 

Like I said the Sharkticon figure was a really neat figure, I am definitely going to hunt a few more down to have a untouched one and possibly for some sweeps.

9. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    YES. DO WANT.:drool: :drool: 

10. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That is so awesome looking. You totally made me pull out my Energon Sharkticon. I agree with the previously posted sentiment that FunPub should have used this mold for Scourge and the Sweeps instead of the Cybertron Sideways mold.

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Freaking stroke of genius!

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very good use of the mold. I had the same idea but didn't know how to approach it. Nice job.

13. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

That looks great - I always love a good Scourge custom, and this looks really good!

14. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    excellent work on this. looks like a western hold-em-up scumbag. like a true decepticon.

15. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hot

16. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Very very very very very awesome. I'll take 2 pls!

17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    WOW!! Who you've funk it that Energon Sharkticon would be a good mold for Scourge. You did Scourge very well. I don't have anything to say about it, so there you go.

18. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Very nice brah! Both modes look really good! Alt mode is pretty close to the original, but it's OWN originality is just gorgeous man. Fu manchu always seals the deal for me when it comes to Scourge but I REALLY like the faction symbol in the chest, I think it came with the toy, but it just looks sooooo nice there. Great job man, I'm even more excited that I asked of you!

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I also love this mold very much (and I love the handgun mod by simply taking the arm guns out :) ), and you've done it justice plus more. Great job :thumb 

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Fantastic. I've long thought that this guy was destined to be Scourge (&Sweeps), and you've really brought that dream to life here. BANG ON! Also, the small mods you've made really take it to the next level. Great head reconstruction.

Inspiring stuff... I only wish I had enough of these to make a complete squad. Sadly, Hasbro never repainted this guy... his original colours are hideous, but it's a great design overall.

On the paint rubbing... good to know. I believe Gargunkle achieved a really nice blue dye job with this guy, which isn't exactly on-model for Scourge, but looks great just the same.

zmog