Classics 2.0 idea.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Dec 14, 2008.

1. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Since the "Classics" (1.0) was loved by many.

Who thinks rereleasing the Classics would be cool? It could be marketed under the G1 tag like Hound and Starscream.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm about ready to drop the Classics 2.0 moniker, and just adopt Universe _____ series. If only because calling it Classics 2.0 would be like calling the Movie line the "Bayformer" line.

But enough semantics.

I'd be all for seeing some of the original Classics figures repainted and released for the Universe line (ala the premiums), as there are several I've yet to have a chance at picking up.

Don't count on seeing Classics Megatron back on shelves though, espescially with a new, more accurate color scheme. There's a reason he was colored the way he was.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    id love to see em re-released but I doubt itll happen

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Re-release is much needed. Classics/Universe Line is the best series they ever pumped out, to end it or deny re-releases would be a terrible thing.

5. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I doubt it too. Just some wishful thinking, and wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It'd probably be the easiest way for me to get an Astrotrain, the only of the original set I don't yet have. But yeah, I'm doubtful it'd happen. The secondary market value on them would plummet, and online retailers would push up the price on Henkeis or add-ons like the City Commander trailer to compensate.

I'll pay $20-30 for a two-year old Astrotrain if it keeps Henkeis and such down.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    because even Martian ray guns need some love....

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather see new molds for Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Scourge, Jazz, Kup, and Blitzwing personally. But, I can understand the need for those who missed the originals the 1st time around. But I severely doubt Hasbro would do it without repainting the figures in someway (for better or worse)

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Why so doubtful, they're already shoving Starscream out there AGAIN. Anyway, I hope they do because I missed out on Bumblebee, Astrotrain, Mirage, Jetfire, Skywarp and Ramjet.... and I'd love to be able to not have to go eBay and pay an arm and a leg for those. Oh, Cliffy too.

10. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just want the ,line to keep going through the movie . no hiatus as they are just getting on a roll.

11. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

I most likely wouldn't get any Classics rerelease. So if they include no more than 1 per wave, it's fine by me. But they shouldn't have a complete wave of 3 or 4 figures on their own.

12. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, I'd rather have them keep moving forward rather than using the production line for reissues already. I think we'll get our share of re-decos in time anyway but I'm not clamoring for it. I got them the first time around and what I missed I buy in Henkei.

Re-issues will help to kill the line and I'd rather see it live past the movie.