Classics 2.0 - Dumbest Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

These are probably the dumbest questions regarding Classics 2.0, and even though I may have commented on some of the new stuff every now and then (like the Onslaught on the TF Collector's magazine), but a few things are starting to get me confuzzled :confused: . And since I have been a member for a few months and visiting TFW2005 for about a year, don't call me stupid just yet.

1. What is Classics 2.0 in general - is it re-releases/repaints of the first Classics, new molds (characters), or both?

2. The pictures of the Takara/Tomy versions - is this part of Classics 2.0?

3. Along with question 2, is it just something in Japan, or will it make it to the US and other countries?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Classics 2.0 is new molds but will feature repaints of them, for instance sideswipe and Sunstreaker are in the series and are remolds of each other. Likewise Prowl is in 2.0 so chances are Silverstreak and Smokescreen will show up. Though we dont know the long term plans just yet, possible repaints of original Classics figures could show up.

The Takara/Tomy versions are of the first Classics series and aren't part of 2.0, they've already been released in America with different paint schemes. The ones recently revealed in Japan are more centered on the original look of the characters while the US versions attempted to update them. In the case of Megatron, the US version featured green, purple, and orange to conform to toy gun laws.

As stated, the original Classics figures were already in America, they wont be released here in the Japanese color schemes. 2.0 on the other hand is a US line and will get it's start here.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    1. It's a continuation of the "Classics" line, and is under the Universe name. We might see some not-Classics toys released under it, but we can't be certain of that yet. Hasbro said that they want to also include other figures that wouldn't fit in with the Classics, but also not fit in with any main line that was going on at the time.

2. No. What we are currently seeing (the repaints of the Classics 1.0 figures) is Japanese only, and is their release of the first Classics.

3. Just Japan.

4. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    1. Classics 2.0 is a continuation of the Classics line, that we had before the movie line. It will feature new molds, and is being released under the Transformers: Universe line.

2. The Takara toys being released are their versions on the Original Classics molds. Not part of 2.0, at least in any official sense.

3. Classics 2.0 aka Universe is a US released line, weather or not Japan will get the new molds is yet to be seen.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't listen to them! It's all lies I tell you!! LIES!!!!!!!!!

:drunk 

6. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

The reptiale alians have gotten to them!!!

7. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's a question of my own, could Takara make their own repaints of Dirge and Thundercracker for their line?

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I believe Hasbro has stated that there wont be any version of Dirge, Thrust, or Thundercracker other than the Botcon figures to prevent their value from lowering. (You'd have some really POed people paying hundreds for the set or just $100 for Thundercracker just for Takara to make their own) I dont think it's fair though, I mean Takara had Red Exillion which is in far fewer numbers than the Botcon seekers (500 compared to 1450) but allowed Hasbro to create Cybertron Excellion provided it was different enough. At the least it would have been nice to let that go the other way, maybe a light blue Thundercracker to be anime accurate. If Takara makes any extra seekers for us to have, bank on Sunstorm, it's the only option left.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  9. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that Takara could make their own Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust if they wanted to, and in fact, I think they will.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I must admit, I wouldn't be surprised to see it. I thought Hasbro just said they wouldn't be making the other Seekers. Whether the Thrust, should it surface, would actually be a remould, I'm less certain.

11. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Classics 2.0 sunstorm would PWN! my world!!!!!

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hopefully not, that really wouldn't be fair on those that pony'd up the cash for the Botcon versions. I didn't, but if I wanted them that much I'd find a way to scrape together the cash to have bought a full set, its not like the option was never available.

Still, it does beg the question, will Takaras classics have more repaints?
    Could we see things like e-Hobby G2 Grimlock as a repaint.

I doubt it.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd say it's well within Takara's right to release Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust in Japan (although it wouldn't be the same remold of Thrust used for Botcon, if it's remolded at all). In fact, I'll go one more and say it's pretty damn likely that at least Thundercracker will turn up. And I, like many other fans who couldn't/wouldn't drop $300 on the Botcon set, will welcome it with a happy heart and open wallet.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For Thrust or Dirge, TakaraTomy would have to create the wing molds themselves since the Botcon company owns their remold parts. Thundercracker would just take a paint job a little different from the Botcon one. I'd probably just get Dirge if he had accurate wings. I'm fine with my Botcon version of the other two.

15. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

Not to open an old wound but yeah, I would certainly welcome the 3 Botcon seekers as well.

16. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    I own two seeks of the botcon seekers and I hope they do rerelease them but in another way. The perfect way would be to match them with the american release of classic starscream, he has a non traditional paint scheme wih is funny because both skywarp and thunbdercracker too. It would be funny to see the japanese starscream be more g1 accurate like his botcon and target brother.

17. cuters

cuters Diabolist

hopfully they do thundercracker sucks if you paid to much for the north amarican one but ohwell.

18. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'd welcome the BotCon seekers with open arms if they were to release them.

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I'd go for a Takara Classics Thundercracker, too, provided I can afford it when it comes out. There was no way and is no way in hell I can afford the Botcon one, and really, if I own a toy I don't care about its monetary value, I want it because *I* love it and the entity it represents.

Exceptions are made, however, for Transformers in need of adoption. :) 

--Moony