Classic Ultra Magnus & Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Banshee, Jan 10, 2007.

1. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

Picked up the pack today!! I like Skywarp, but mine seems to have loose limbs. The legs are easily moved and the chest seems to want to come apart. I'm about to check my SS, but I dont remember him having that problem. Its no biggie though. I havent even untied UM. I may just leave him be.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Mine is on the way... can't wait! :D 

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I LOVE this set, particularly Skywarp. He IS plastic sex. Awesome repaint and great detail. Magnus' paint apps can be fixed, but they shouldn't HAVE TO BE.

I still have some for sale cheap, click the link in my sig :D 

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now I just wait for mine to arrive, thanks Optimus Scourge!:thumb 

5. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Found the set last night and aside from the jungle of Twisties I had to slash through, I love these guys!

Skywarp is freaking great, I love the colors on him, I don't think that they are too bright.

As for Magnus, I agree with alot of people on here that he is lacking in some paint areas, but is different enough from Prime to not be confused between the two.

Heck, if people really want it can be Prime fighting the cosmic Rust!

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I only bought this pack for Ultra Magnus, but I found Skywarp wasn't bad either. My only complaints about Skywarp are to do with that mould rather than Skywarp in particular, ie. the oversized missile launchers pushing the wings back; the purple engine nozzels don't bother me. For some reason I get an Air Raid vibe from Skywarp, maybe because they're both black F-15s :dunce .

Ultra Magnus does seem a bit bland paint app wise, but it's a fantastic mould and I'm sucker for Ultra Magnus'.

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Nice pics! Cant wait to find this.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I finally got the set today. I'm in love. I painted the sides of Skywarp's landing gear piece silver to match the rest of the chest, and then I painted magnus' head, arms, waist like he is pictured on the box. I also painted his exhaust gun with silver (he still has a white gun with his fairing-gun, plus his exhausts were silver on the original)... now that I've done all that, I have nothing to complain about with these guys! now I just hafta figure out how to turn this car trailer I bought for Magnus to turn into armor of some kind...

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Any pics of the painted Magnus? I would love to see them!

Edit: Nevermind, saw them! :p 

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I was overjoyed to finally see one of my local Targets had put these out last night!

First off, I hate it everytime a Prime is repainted white into Ultra Magnus. It really irritates me. I know I'm not alone in this opinion, so Hasbro really was smart to include such a flawless repaint like Skywarp in the set;) 

Starting with Ultra Magnus:

I really REALLY REALLY Wish the paint apps were the same as on the box. Usually I couldn't give a flying fudge about paint apps since it's the molds overall that I really like but it really would have helped the subpar repaint (IMO of course) drastically, especially the blue faceplate. I might have to test my cruddy kitbashing skills and try to touch it up a bit just so it's not so bland. But overall, the mold is spectacular. The joints on mine are quite a bit looser than my Prime though.

Skywarp is virtual perfection. The paint apps on mine are a little smudged on the right tailfin, but it's so overshadowed by the sheer awesomeness of the rest of the toy it's a moot point. I loved the Starscream toy, so I automatically knew Skywarp would be one of my fav Classics, but I like Skywarp better simply because he has better stylistic tastes than his whiny older brother;)  Skywarp always did have the most badass of color schemes.

So, I absolutely love this set. Skywarp is an easy A+++++++++++++++++++++ while Ultra Magnus still gets an A++++ but it's mainly just the mold.

If Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge aren't announced soon I'm going to have to really try my painting skills...plus I'm thinking about getting a second UM vs. SW set to repaint UM in Nemesis colors and do one of my Fan Seekers in all black...man these are sweet:D 

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Im stealin ur ideaz

and usin em for sig

12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Just got the set today, Skywarp is lovely. His painted face and color scheme really makes SS look like a KO. As for Magnus, I was kinda put off by the major lack of paint apps, but I can live. Though, one minor grip I had was that the smoketack gun that was packaged had a really loose left gun hinge. Otherwise, a definitely recommended set!

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Overall, a very decent set of repaints. Magnus ain't bad, and Skywarp definitely improves on Starscream. The real benefit is the price however, as you can get molds that would cost you $20 and $10 seperately for $20 total.

14. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
  15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Oh

my

GAWD!!!

Skywapr is plastic sex! He has to be the best looking seeker toy ever, period, hands down.

The paint apps on mine weren't perfect, but you can only tell up close.

The only other gripe I have is that is left arm is loose, so loose it can't stay up under it's own weight, but I'll fix that soon enough.

This is SUCH an awesome looking toy!

Magnus is nice too, I actually think he looks better in truck mode than Prime does, and I like the new "curvy" pin striping on the cab, the silver bumper and grill are nice too.

A+ set all around!

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, you guys really like skywarp dontcha.

ive always been a fan of this repaint - love the color scheme - but i think hes just okay. the dimunitive size of this mold is whats keeping me from getting really impressed.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked this up today at the southwest Target (where I got my first condescending "are you going to play with that when you get home?" from a clerk since I started collecting again back during RiD. Such a landmark that I almost regretted muttering "bitch" as I walked out of the store. Almost).

Skywarp is perfection, plain and simple. The colors are gorgeous, and every single loose joint on my Starscream is nice and tight here. My favorite Classic Decepticon to date.

Magnus is very cool. Unfortunately, he's missing a lot of paint aps that I'll have to add myself. Still, I like adding paint to figures, so that's even more fun to look forward to.

The set as a whole is easily an A+.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Skywarp really does fn rule. I was surprised at how much I like Magnus. Terrific articulation and nice looking colors.

19. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Holy crap!
    This set rocks!

The only other classics I got was astrotrain. Still waiting for Jetfire. But after this double set, I might have to broke down and get them all instead of waiting for to go on discount of clearance.

20. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I have to agree. This set is the best from the classics line. And Skywarp is an awsome figure. But I have to admit I'm into this set for Ultra Magnus!! However I bought 2 sets. one to keep MISB. And one to paint the Magnus the way it should be.