classic sunstreaker is one of the best in the line..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, Jul 5, 2008.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

I just got him at TRU, his transformation is excellent, and his bot and car mode is by far the best in the deluxe line( i haven't got prowl). I think designers at hasbro have given alot of thoughts in making him, everything is so proportional, limbs, body, head(excellent detail, ears folding), etc etc.. unlike other bots that have huge body/limbs or small/thin legs or vise versa. Not to mention that he can easily be transformed into sideswipe with little retooling. wow, and how much he resembles his g1 conterpart "we're 84", One of the best so far. Although he could have used a little more detail(expecially his weapon)..lolz.. i can live with it.
    Just for this. i'm picking up another 2.

hope you guys have the same thoughts too.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Undoubtably. He really is great and I can not wait for the Sideswipe retool.

Though this may get punted to Toy Discussion.

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I also like his the best out of Wave 1. Very G1 acurate.

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I am really, really, really disappointed with Prowl (it looks like his arms are coming out of his waist, his head is so high & his shoulders so low; and he's so back-heavy, it's hard to even pose him standing up straight!) -

- but I am really, really, really loving Sunstreaker. Love 'im! :thumb 

5. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i just ordered sunstreaker thursday from agesthreeandup cant wait! i love prowl if he is cooler than him then i know he will rock

6. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

i just found him and prowl at toys r us and i didnt have time to open yet...have to wait about 7 hours!!!!! i hate work.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sunny is one of my favourites from my Toronto haul, he's totally badass in robot mode. He's going to be great side by side with Sideswipe when he comes out.
    I've got to say though I also really like Tankor, he pulls off triple changing about as well as anyone could really ask him to, and he looks killer with it. Sunstreaker is probably the better toy all round, but Tankor's got a lot going for him considering he manages to do three distinct modes.

Yeah, talk about toys ought to go down there. Nobody'll hold it against you though.

8. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

as for tankor.. wish his wings were longer.. and the back of his truck looks incomplete, no? but in noway he could match sunstreaker in both modes.

9. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he is the next best thing to Classics Jetfire. But as DLX's go, Starscream is the only one to come close.

10. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Apart from the back-heavy part, I agree completely. I never cared much about Sunstreaker, but this toy is something else. Only seconded to my seekers as far as my Classics go (with Bumblebee and Jetfire tied for 3rd).

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Hear Hear. Sunstreaker might be the best deluxe Classics has pumped out yet.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I don't see it:

[​IMG]

I've only noticed the backheaviness when I've had him mistransformed.

13. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Maybe it's just the black neckpiece, then, (on mine, the shoulders seem lower, no matter how I try to angle them) but his head is way too high!!

14. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

if streakers front became his feet like in the g1 version it woulda been damn near a perfect figure. otherwise still awesome.

15. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Streaker's great. I'm probably biased, since I'm a fan of the character, and the original tow was one of the first non-minibot TFs I had as a kid.

His liscense plate is pure win. I also like that his gun can be bulked up, by clipping his supercharger to it.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Are there any pics kicking around somewhere showing these new Universe figs next to the entire group of Autobot Classics? I'm particularly curious to see how Mirage looks next to them.

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Man I want these so bad!

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    here you go,
    [​IMG]

19. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

I just got him today, and WOW, he is magnificent. Pics really don't do him justice. Maybe I'm so jazzed because I never owned him or his brother from G1. Speaking of Sideswipe, I can totally see how one could make this mold do double-duty as Sideswipe. The blank Autobot symbol on Sunstreaker's back is totally telling, and the reversability of his key parts seals the deal. Hasbro, very frickin' nice job! :) 

I do have three questions, though.

How would one clip the supercharger to his gun?

Also, how exactly are the black parts that connect his upper torso to his yellow shoulders supposed to be oriented? The directions that came with it were (big surprise) odd and hard to understand in this regard. The comparison picture Peaugh posted is pretty much how I have mine: pointing up and out diagonally from him. If that's the real orientation, then fine - I'm used to things kind of 'locking' in more, but for this series and Sunstreaker it really gives him some nice extra rotation points.

Finally, I keep thinking I'm gonna break him when I turn him back into a car when I undo the car hood on his back. I hear a crack at times, so I wonder if I'm slotting/pegging the hood down in bot mode in the right place or right way. The way I usually have it is such that the edge of his front grille (folded up away from the car like in the instructions) meets with the top of his abdomen. From the front it then looks like it lines up nicely and is almost one solid black piece of plastic. Thoughts?

20. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

Meh.

I admit I haven't held the toys myself, but as cool as the Alt modes look I'm not happy with the bot modes. Sunstreaker's head seems goofy to me, considering how big the ears are and how distanced they are from his face.

I was always a fan of Prowl, though, but his bot mode just looks so feminine! His thighs are slim, his eyes seem more sad and pensive than they should be, and he has delicate feet.

Just my thoughts.