Heavy/Scratch: Classic Stunticon Gestalt: Menasor!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sculpt-bot, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is the best non-Devastator, Unicron/Primus combiner I've seen. The integration of the trailer and the combiner limbs really bring it all together.

:thumb 

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hands down, best execution of the "frame style" combiner set up ever. Personally, I usually hate this approach, but all the extra effort you went to to "sell" the combined form (the trailer-bits are especially genius!) really have won me over.

You've moved the needle on this finicky collector of custom work, and that's no small feat.

Simply beautiful!

D/L

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    'Hmm, another custom Menasor, let's have a click on this, hmmm, humm hum, wait for the page to load. A-ha, pics, let's have a look at...'

:bay  :bay  :bay 

'Hello? Hospital? Send an ambulance please my brain just exploded.'

HOLY TAMOLY!

Best fricking Menasor ever!!!

Seriously.

Many have tried to incorperate the fact that Motormasters trailer is a major part of Menasor.
    Many have tried to actually intgrate the cars fully as arms and legs so that they don't just look like cars stuck to a frame.
    Many have tried to give him a kick ass samurai head.

Many have achieved one or two of these things, but no-one has ever made a Menasor as good as this right here, it's flawless.

You sir have raised the bar for every Menasor custom ever made from here on in (damn you, makes my plans look like crap now)

4. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Wow, just absolutely incredible...

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    man, this is fantastic!....I really love the "dummy parts" you made to give him that look that he "grew"

simply awesome man.

6. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This really is bad-ass, the proportions, paint, design is so well thought out, and the head & facial expression just ties it all in!

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Maybe because his individual Stunticons are awesome, and looking at the thumbnail makes it look like a real combiner?

Do you even know what "flippant" and "baseless" mean? Because my comment was neither of those things. It was a statement based on the fact that there are a ton of this kind of combiner custom, nowadays. I just want to see people make combiners that actually combine, instead of being placed onto a large action figure.

8. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^

You want something done a certain way, well then DO IT!

Saying how "tired" you are of seeing these is so very trendy, to vocalize your opinion on something you haven't or won't ever do, or perhaps are not even capable of. No, members are free to comment on work, positively or negatively. ~TFW2005.com/Radicons Staff

I for one, having seen literally dozens of these types of combiners, marvel at the ingenuity and accomplishments every single time, and I love looking for new details and ideas in them. And Sculpt-bot's overflows with them.

Sorry to come off so strong Gryph, I know you've been here a long time, but you still gotta realize that saying you're tired of seeing these is like saying you're tired of customs. So maybe take a break for awhile, decompress, check it out later and truly show some attention to detail of your own so that you don't simply blow off the masterwork that is presented here.

I will say that I do understand where you're coming from, the desire to see completely new and innovative things is what fuels us, but the meat and potatoes prepared slightly different every night keeps us full. ;) 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
  9. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

This thing is total hotness! The spectacular head. The awesome individual bots. The superb integration with the dummy parts. And that sweet, sweet MM. I would not want to meet this guy in a dark alley.

Impressive. Most impressive.

EDIT: I don't want to stick my neck too far into the boiling cauldron but I am curious. How would one build a "true" or better combiner than what we have here? I can't imagine two deluxes supporting the weight of a five-piece combiner without a frame behind them. I can see a scratchbuild like the TF Club Devy or even an FP Bruticus, but those bots are made to combine/support weight. To start with off-the-shelf Hasbro toys seems like a longshot. I am rather inexperienced at custom modding though.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  10. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Mods, feel free to remove this if it deviates from the discussion.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/328214-meansor.html

Something like this, my friend. A lot of people don't like the cars stuck on a Unicron body approach, and prefer the combination to be a bit more subtle, where the cars/planes/whatever are actually the limbs.

I think Sculpt-bot's is a very happy medium though.

11. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Wow ! holy cybertron ! Menasor it is !

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Guys, chill. If you like or dislike the work posted, that's totally fine, and you're free to comment either way. There's no need to starting having fights about it though.

13. mikeflosi

mikeflosi #MyKeys_ToysandComics

This is beautiful work man. Very inspirational. I truly feel what I see on here is art work, and this is a masterpiece...

how long did this take to build?

14. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

quite simply, the best stunticons, menasor ive ever seen, fantastic custom, awesome work and skills involved. 10/10 to you sir
    all the best
    colin

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Realize criticism is an important part of being an artist. Without it, you'd never learn anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
  16. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm going to say for all of them, their all sweet and awesome, but OMG Menasor is a pure monstrous badass bent on destruction. 'nuff said.

17. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe I started this back in July of last year...so yeah, a loooong flippin' time.

Thanks for the criticism and support everyone! I truly do like to hear both! I know the debate over how to properly do a gestalt custom is one that will never be settled, but I will throw in my two cents here:
    I have done both kinds now to completion (Abominus, and Menasor,) and have one more of each coming up (Computron, and Piranacon.) Doing either of them properly is extremely difficult. Abominus, while being a fully integrated combiner, using only the attachments that the original G1 toy came with, was EXTREMELY fragile. As was posted earlier, deluxe figures need to be engineered to support the weight of all the other figures, and fashioning proper connectors without them looking gigantic and ridiculous on the individual components other forms, is extremely hard! The finished gestalt often looks great, but the playability and poseability suffers from the fragility.
    The Unicron/Primus formula suffers from having the extra parts laying to the side while the components are seperated. If you have a collection that you will be displaying them in, and not playing with them often, this is the way to go, because aesthetically, you get a much more proportional and stable combined mode, that can be posed much better. My client and I discussed this early, and often, and we decided that this was the best approach. I promised him that I would try to avoid the "cars stuck to a frame" look, and would deliver a much different Menasor than any other previous one. I of course had the luxury of being able to look at a ton of great customs that had been done before mine, that allowed me to pick the best ideas to use, as well as throwing in a few of my own.
    Either way, gestalts are very, very hard customs to plan and pull off. The frame on Menasor here alone took me longer to complete than the rest of the entire team combined. Thanks for the comments everyone!

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing work, man.

19. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow dude.....you have captured the essence here...which is very important.... the face..man... you have been and always will be one of my favorite artists in this field...

20. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome, can feel the evil seeping out from him.....the head is amazing. Love it.