Minor/Repaint: Classic Shockwave... err, Chugwave?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mr.Deflok, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So yeah, nothing special. Been done a million times before. Used TFTM Voyager Ironhide's arms and DOTM Shockwave's cannon tip. That Shocky's hose too. Figure actually needs a wee bit of work which I only noticed from the photos.

The colours are my own mixes made from misc Tamiya's.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

man he looks great. it is so retarded that hasbro cannot realease a decent classics/generations Shockwave.he was in the movie and that could be a reason for them to do it no lol. by the way , this is probably 10 times better then what we would get anyway, great work on this guy. he looks so G1 and definitely works as Classics Shockwave, i love the shade of purple chosen and i also love the arms and his cannon. very creative all around:thumbs2: 

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Seeing a great custom of Shockwave like this sometimes makes me really want one. I'm not that of a fan of Shockwave. But this looks cool.

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :popcorn 

5. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I really like the color choice on this one.

6. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    very nice. simple and to the point. i also used a TFTM Voyager IH arm for the canon arm, and attached some randon gun i had found to it. it IH arm seems to work really well with this mold, just takes a it to get it on there lol. good job!

7. jigs625

jigs625 Autobot-TODA Operator

a great update to a classic

8. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cheers, man! Yeah, I really hope Hasbro make a classic Shockwave :)  Though this fills the part he is still too big scalewise. The purple is my own mix of a flat black and a gloss purple (Tamiya paints). Took a while to get the colour perfect. Really screams "sinister" and "Decepticon" to me so I'm quite proud of that.

The silvery bits are an alluminium paint mixed with a bit of purple.

Thanks, dude! Quite a compliment :)  I don't think he's that great of a toy but he does lend himself well to be a customised G1 Shockwave.

:thumbs2: 

Thanks, man! Like I said, I'm quite proud of the colours so it's cool to hear people say this.

Haha, you've shared my pain! I ended up drilling a hole into the arm so I could slide it through the cylinder thing in Shockblast's shoulder. Do you have a link to your custom?

THank you :D