Minor/Repaint: classic shockwave 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kdog, Oct 8, 2011.

1. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

Whats up guys back again? My second take on this guy. Simple repaint and head swap. my camera sucks so the custom looks better in person. What are some of you guys shooting with please let me know? Big plans for my second year of customs. I going to push my self harder this year so be on a lookout. thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

thats a pretty cool idea, missing his cannon arm though :(  but nice and clean regardless

3. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks good man! nice,new take on Shockwave but missing cannon hand...

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    That's pretty neat.

5. NexMortuus

NexMortuus Well-Known Member

ok man i have to say that is a good original idea but just an advice just cause you can do a head swap dont mean its a good custom. i know what i just said was a bit harsh but if you would have done a bit more work on him he would have looked so much more awesome than what you showed us. To me, this, honestly, looks rushed. Im sure you had better plans for this guy i know i been in your spot but practice and imagine, customs need imagination and creativeness

6. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Its fine like it is. I would much rather have this REAL vehicle than a flying gun or alien tank ANY day.

7. kara82

kara82 Leading Femmebot Fatale

It looks pretty good, but he has 1 too many hands.

8. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice, I like it. I'd suggest finding a way to turn the pick-axe into a rifle, but ultimately that's up to you.

Animated Shockwave had two hands, why can't this custom have two?

9. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't this a repaint of Skullgrin? So it's not just a headswap, it's a repaint too. Pretty sure Skullgrin didn't have purple gears in his treads.

I reckon it looks quite nice and is original. I too would've approached it differently but that's the beauty of creativity.

I hear what you're saying but effectively insulting the customiser is a little unfair.

10. NexMortuus

it was not an insult it was a comment stating that he do be better not an insult if i were to insult the customizer i would have done so more harshly by calling him names or making a huge mockery of his custom which i did not i simply said the idea was good but i know if he would have given it more time it would have turned out much better than a simple head swap and minor repaint

11. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. It kind of was an insult saying about having more imagination but thanks for the comment. For this custom thats all i realy wanted to do was a head swap and a repaint.Hey if you like it or dont like it thats cool leave feed back any way its all a learning process. thanks everyone:thumb .

12. NexMortuus

Um then im sorry for that insult. keep up the work you'll get much better and one day look at this custom you did and say hey im going to re do it and make it 100x better

13. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

I like this allot. I like seeing good alternatives for characters that have had a loose association to a mode (being a laser pistol isn't always in the cards)

the white goes very nicely. although his colours are awesomely accurate I woulda like to see a deeper purple so he could look a little meaner with his new tank mode. but awsome Shockwave either way.

14. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    what head?

15. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Easy there, you're losing control of your servos (Lol where are all the commas and periods)! But seriously... you can speak your mind and be sincere, but watch what you type. This...
    Is uncalled for, buddy. The customizer didn't even claim to be good. but your constructive criticisms will be read. Don't start a war now :D 

Personally, I'd shave down the triforce symbols and give him a gun-arm, but I see Shockwave alright. Customs DO need imagination and creativeness, and that is what we have here.