Customs: Classic seekers null rays on shapeways?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dkr7, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Thanks you two. I'll try to keep the price down for you as long as I can Roxxstar, and I'm glad you like my work Megatron31! :) 

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    thanks for making them i will be posting up some pics when they show up next week (hopefully)

3. Treadshot A1

So what material did you end up ordering them in?

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    white detail

5. Treadshot A1

Sweet, hope it goes well for ya! :) 

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    cant be anyworse but i am super excited about it

like you i have always disliked the hugeness of the springloaded weapons

7. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ordered one set, and its my first time buying from Shapeways!

Now lets see whats the average delivering time to Mexico...

Btw man, what software did you used to design your null rays?

8. Treadshot A1

It's not the hugeness that bothered me, it's just the fact I kept shooting myself in...places...by accident... :lol  j/k

Well, they do say 10 working days maximum, and it takes nine to get from Netherlands to Australia, so I think Mexico might be a bit sooner (you're not stuck in the middle of nowhere like us! ;)  ).

And I just used a ruler to measure out the MP Seeker Rays I have. Software? Not giving that away so easily! Lol

That's perfect, I like it! Now to watch the money roll in... :) 

9. Treadshot A1

Hmm, i tried ordering the null rays myself and SW seems to be having an issue with the blue bit where the barrels meets the rear housing. I'm going to go back and fix it, so if you have had SW come back and tell you there's something wrong, just know that i'm on it and it will be fixed asap. Sorry for the inconvenience. :( 

EDIT: Single set has been fixed, and i've put it through all my visual checks again just incase without detecting any remaining issues. This time, it should print. If SW has told you it couldn't be printed, please just re-place your order and it should work this time. I am working on the triple set as we speak.

EDIT: Triple Set is now fixed. Turns out SW flipped out at a remaining face inside the rays. That's been removed, and all checks repeated with no more problems. Please, if you have any issues with your order, and it is cancelled, simply place your order again for the models (same links as before); they have been updated and should now print.

If you have had your order cancelled by Shapeways, it is simply a conversion issue. That issue has now been fixed. Simply follow the same links as before and reorder your models, they should print now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you ordered in Frosted Detail or Frosted Ultra Detail, the revisions may or may not apply to your order, however, if you do have issues, simply repeat the order and you should be fine.

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i guess you fixed it before they tried to print mine, i never heard anything from them

11. Treadshot A1

Well, while im happy to hear that, since your order did specify the old model, i'm not 100% certain whether Shapeways will print yours with the new model or whether you'll be forced to reorder. I hope you don't have to, though. I'd hoped mistakes like this wouldn't happen. :( 

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    eh no big deal man, things happen its part of life, (if nothing else this hobby has taught me patience)

13. Treadshot A1

Thanks for your understanding bro.

Anyways, just thought I'd reiterate: the triple set still comes at 20% off the regular price, even after the revisions!

14. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So i got my order canceled earlier this morning for the design issue... but anyway, i placed again my order

15. Treadshot A1

Thanks bro. If there still is any issue, let me know, though I doubt there will be. :) 

16. Treadshot A1

Oh bloody hell. Shape ways is throwing a fit again. Lemme go check what's wrong and I'll get back to ya. Seriously, I wish they could get it through their heads it's just a missile and print the damn thing. Argh.

Apparently they're saying there are remaining shells. I can't detect any in my programs, so that certainly isn't it, though i wouldn't trust SW error messages as they almost never get it right. Anyways, i've detected what looks like an erratic plane cutting through part of the ray, with no thickness to speak of (literally just a plane). That's it. If this doesn't work this time around, i'll have to go ask SW to make sure everything's fine on their end, because from here, everything seems fine. Again, same process as before, if SW throws a fit your way, just order it again.

For the time being, i'm taking the triple set off, at least until i know at least one set will print out fine. As soon as i have confirmation that it will print, or one of you gets an in production notice from SW, then i'll make that available again.

EDIT: The latest update to the model is completed and uploaded, same link as before, simply reorder if SW has any issues currently. I'm hoping this one works, as i can't find anything that would possibly inhibit printing. Again, sorry for putting you guys through this, i know it's frustrating. Hopefully this will be the last time this needs to be fixed.

EDIT: Hang on. One last thing to check.

EDIT: Okay. That should be it. Two stray guide lines removed. Obviously SW must have had a problem with the two stray faces created as a result. All problems removed at my end. Let's see if SW finally lets this print.

17. Megatron31

Ebay:
    did you pull down the triple set? i got my order on hold notice today

18. Treadshot A1

Yes, I pulled down the triple set. Did you order that one. I can quickly rustle up a new triple set if you want.

EDIT: Uploading new Triple Set. Gimme a second.

19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    cool yeah i had orderd that and cashanova's prime ion blaster so i could get it over the 25.00 minimum

thanks for reloading them

20. Treadshot A1

It's up now, still at the $18 price tag. Thanks for sticking with me on this one, i know it's been a bit of a pain. :) 

The bottom of this version is no longer taken out, for fear of accidentally creating thin walls. Nothing will happen to the functionality of the rays, just an interesting bit of trivia for ya. :lol