Customs: Classic Seeker Missle Launcher Dissassembly?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DanicusTF(cdn), Jan 23, 2009.

1. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

First off, let me say how impressed and humbled I am by everyone's work. Also, If I posted this in the wrong section, I apologise.

I bought The Botcon 07 Seeker box set a couple of years back, and finally decided to open them up to display with the rest of my Universe/Classics. Unfortunately my Classics Thrust has 2 left handed launchers. I origionally had the idea of switching the colored parts with a spare Universe Acid Storm, since the base of the launcher for him is the same basic black as Thrust. However, There are no screws or any noticable seamlines in which I could even start to dissassemble it.

I hope that any one with such experience with these things would know what to do and offer some advice. Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    The launchers are superglued together, with an exacto knife you should go around the base of the green colored part (you should see small spots of glue residue) once that is done try twist/pulling the colored piece off with your hands.

Otherwise the least invasive method is a jar of testors model masters British Crismon paint and some clearcote It might not be the exact same color but it's dayum close to the G-1 thrust color hue