Classic/RTS more popular?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Jan 18, 2011.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Are Classic/RTS more popular then movie line? Because they are always sold out in stores and on Hasbro online shop? I always see movie toys all the time and they are never out of stock. Or is it because Hasbro don't make as much run on Classic/RTS line stuff? I ask because I thought movie line sold more then the other TF line.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking its just that they ate the subline, they aren't as wide spread yet. Give it time though, they'll stay popping up.

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Without seeing actual sales data, we can't make any solid claims.

From observations it seems like the movie stuff doesn't go anywhere and the rts/ classics stuff flys of shelves. But that very well could mean that the rts/ classics has smaller runs or any of many other reasonable explanations. Hell, could mean that in my area movie stuff doesn't sell well.

4. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

In my area I only saw Blurr , Tracks and Jazz once then never again!!! I see the movie stuff everywhere!!!

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here we have the worst distribution possible, one store with wave 1, but even with that, there is 9 or 10 hftd figures out of two cases left, a bunch of pccs, and 0 generations (which they did get up to wave 4 or 5) so here, yes, that is the case, they had more of the generations figures, and now they are all gone (i bought one of each for myself except wfc bb, prime, blurr, dirge, and darkmount which i got elsewhere)

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure what the deal is here, but I THINK Hasbro and the retailers do a huge rush of movie stuff in the run-up to the movie, and when it is out, and for a few months after. When that rush is over, there will still be some movie product (better to overproduce than underproduce). And there it will sit.

I don't have any info, but just from observation I really doubt that there were as many of HftD Sea Spray sent out to retailers as there were of RotF Demolishor, just to pick two random examples.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I know for myself personally, I think the movie figures destroy my childhood memories. The Classics style figures enhance my childhood memories.

Not sure how that translates to sales, but I figure some of it does.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    With collectors, possibly, but with children I imagine the movie line is still king. Though as its been a while since we had a new movie and the RTS line kind of ties in with the movie line, it could be RTS has enough cross-demographic popularity to put it in front, at least for the time being.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

As far as online goes, that's because smaller retail shops and fans/hobbyists like us order them.

As far as retail chains, I just think they get more movie line stock than they do Generations.

10. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Personally taste wise it's Classics for me. Currently 25 Autobots and Decepticons are on display. Closer to 29 if you take into account WFC. The only other line that comes close is Beast Wars. Just seem to prefer the aesthetic/design over everything else.

As stores go the two I frequent (TRU & Walmart) have a fair share of wave 2 of both Movie and Generations. Sometimes wave 1 on a bad day.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    classics/rts toys can't possibly even IMAGINE selling as much as the movie toys have

12. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Classics is much harder to find around here with a couple exceptions like Highbrow.

13. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Hard to say but same here where Classics/Generations, and RTS stuff runs out here quick than the movie lines. If you see them, buy them! Don't hesistate any longer. I saw Blurr once and never again.

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    they are harder to find because stores arent stocking them as well as the movie stuff its super painfull at the moment here in new zealand to the point where most the fandom is ordering from over seas

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

It's a huge blockbuster movie. They're going to flood the market with whatever big movies of the year that have a toyline. It's always been like that. Who the fuck was buying Prince of Persia figures? ..probably about seven people in the US is the answer, but they still made a shit-ton of them.

16. QmTablit

To paraphrase: "Classics is much harder to find around here with a couple exceptions like a movie toy."
    Or sadly Tron: Legacy. Those are getting clearanced everywhere.

And it's looking more like I won't have a chance at getting a Quorra figure. :cry 

17. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Ok, so everyone in this thread pretty much unanimously agrees that the Classics/RTS figures are selling out while movieverse is growing mold. The only remaining question would be to determine if this is because there's less RTS product than movieverse or if RTS/Classics is really just that awesome. I'm leaning towards the latter.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Classics/RTS is popular with us fanboys on the internet.

19. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Yeah one or two of them have been tough.

Keep the faith, they are out there. A guy I know just nabbed one.

20. QmTablit

That's not what I gathered.

A lot of people have stated, and I'm included, that stores simply order more stock of the movie line and less cases of Generations. They only run out because they have less of them from the beginning.