Classic Nick Series Mysterious Cities of Gold gets sequal!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Looks OK - I used to watch the show casually when it was on as a sort of kids TV wallpaper - and then got quite into it when the got the solar powered bird and the aliens as antagonists. It's one of those shows that were perfectly watchable but you might not want to make a website about it to shout about how great it is. (same sort of category as Mummies Alive, or Skeleton Warriors, Dogtanian or Inspector Gadget or Early M.A.S.K. ). and a little bit below Centurions, or Visionaries or later M.A.S.K.

I would say some might rate it higher or lower depending on if you like the humour or argued with the politics of it. But I very well might watch the new series if it is accessible especially if it maintains some Sci Fi Sprinkles it might complement and even out do Thundercats if done right.

And to be honest there's nothing wrong with emulating 80's cartoons since the list of decent 80's cartoons is far longer than the sort of list you might write for the 90's or the 00's. I think we might be a on a slight up curve again though at the moment there's several promising shows either just out or on the way. And it would be really nice for the youngsters to get some shows with real merit to them and not just anime translations about card battling and Sponge bob like stuff.
    I don't mind frivolous cartoons but I don't want "Only" frivolous ones. (what I would disparagingly call "Nicktoons") I'd like Action Adventure ones too - hopefully ones that don't Pi** me off like Thundercats is starting to do.