Repro/Sticker: Classic Hothouse stickers...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is one of the more off-the-wall sets we've ever done, so I'd love to hear thoughts. Both about the concept in general, and the actual design.

For those that don't get the reference, Hothouse was a G1 Micromaster, similar to the recently recolored Treadbolt and Stormcloud, so this is continuing down that same path. Also, a lot of people aren't digging the Universe Powerglide colors, so this is an attempt to salvage a great toy by rethinking its purpose :) 

Attached Files:

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I actually really like that with a few extra brugundy paint apps for Powerglide it would look perfect

3. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    OH MY GOSH. I never knew that Universe Powerglide worked that well for Hothouse. Awesome job!

4. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

That's great! You had my hopes up that you were going to start offering repro sets for the Micromaster bases, though. :D 

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Brilliant thinking, and great execution!

Of course, both the aforementioned Micro homages are busts as far as I see it. Storm Cloud should clearly have been Tailwind (in a Rattler-style midnight blue, perhaps?), and Tread Bolt should have been either Nightflight, or even better, Airwave (which would compliment this guy perfectly, as he was another of the base commanders)...

6. Delta Star

News Credits:
    I know, I know. I'm really not happy about Storm Cloud :(  It was such a no-brainer to make him Tailwind. Even the GiJoe collectors would have been happy.

Also as a Jetfire recolor, Eagle Eye would have been a good match, but if you want to keep with base commanders, they should be thinking of a Groundshaker recolor of Silverbolt.

Ah, well, it was *amazing* that we got two bona fide Micromaster recolors at all, and not just name recycling - actually accurate colors!

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually three so far that I can think of, if you count Big Daddy in the movie line...

And yeah, I could see Groundshaker working. I do have an idea for a Skyhopper bash, though (not involving Powerglide :p )...

8. Delta Star

News Credits:
    I stand corrected :D  And Hot Rod, too, because clearly he is based on the Micromaster version. (kidding)

9. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man thats just to cool. way to save him.

10. J Gargoyle220

J Gargoyle220 Well-Known Member

Very cool, I'd definitely buy one of these! I swapped out the arms and upper thighs between my Hasbro and Takara Powerglides to make a perfect Classics Powerglide in red with off-white arms, so this would give me something to do with my Hasbro version who now has red arms and thighs. I probably wouldn't be able to get any money for him anyway.

So yeah, sign me up! My friend linked me to the picture of the Hot House kit, and I came over here especially to see if you guys were really going to make this. How long until these are available?