classic game packages

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NotFastEnuff, Aug 7, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Hi everyone. I am in need of your thoughts and opinions. I have every system that I've owned since the Super NES came out. I'm not bragging, just making a point. I also have all the original packaging for each system (SNES, Sega Gen, Dreamcast, PS2, N64, 2 Gamecubes, Xbox, 360, Wii, all 5 gameboys, psp, and so on). I also have the boxes for almost all of the games we have.

What I'm wanting to know is: do you think it raises the value of a system or game by having all that crap? I'm SOO outta room, and as I've already posted, the boxes are one of the first things I thought to ditch. What do you all think? Thanks in advance.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Maybe in 50 years, when that stuff is truly antique. I guess it all depends on how long you plan to keep them.

3. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Hide them all in your closet, if you're not already.

4. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Hell, that's the problem. They already take up 2 closets. Now that my kids are getting older, I NEED those closets. We cleaned out the closet in my oldest son's room and I found 2 subs and an amp I'd forgotten I had. I'm leaning toward keeping certain ones, like Zeldas and my old school NES style GBA, but ditching the rest.

If my wife had her way, I'd be ditching everything but the PS2, 360, and the Wii. She just doesn't understand

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Packaging definitely raises the value of some systems. I know I had been looking for some boxed items in the past and the price was always more than just a game/system by itself.

Some of the newer items: PS2, GC, etc may not effect the value much, if at all right now. Later on down the line though some of those prices could go up.

I've seen people sell just the packaging for systems and games before and get a decent return. In much the same way that some people sell Transformers and packaging separately. There will be a market for people who collect stuff complete in the video game collecting community just like there are in the Transformers community.

My advice if space is a serious issue you could either:
    A) Start checking ebay prices, if you like the return people are getting for similar items then you can start selling your systems and then go back out and buy the systems you want back without the packaging. This would be an arduous process, but in the end you will come out with all of your systems, and maybe a little extra scratch...But probably not worth it.

B) Check ebay prices and see if there is a demand for just the boxes alone, if so try selling off some of the boxes there.

C) Find a way to store the boxes and live with them for a little while longer.

D) Give the older ones to me. :D