classic deluxe op vs special op

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by galvascream, Dec 29, 2009.

1. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    which one is better quality of the 2? i want to know which 1 to get to fit in scale with classics seeker molds and grimlock. also, how tall is revoltech megs compared to deluxe op?

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I assume you mean the classics optimus from the two pack over the special edition hasbro toy shop one. The mold is about shoulder to shoulder with starscream, and it has a animation aesthetic robot mode. The special edition one has clear cab windows and autobot symbols on the forearms. The red plastic also seems a bit darker.

remember to pull back the black bar to lock the Spinning punch gimmick in place.
    The regular two pack is solid if you can pay $15 - $20 for
    Classics voyager Optimus is a lot more durable though, but it has a different look.

3. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    size comparison with revoltech megs & classics screamer?

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About the same height. Best left in robot mode though, the vehicle mode is just plain terrible.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Gah, don't buy that mold.

6. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    i need it for a stop motion i'll be making. plus, i have a little red model truck to represent truck mode

7. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I wish I could get rid of this thing. But I need an Optimus for my classics, and the Voyager is out of my reach... for now.

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the truck mode is awful but the robot mode is awesome!....the 2 pk was a big lots dirt cheap a couple months ago. Quality is the same and the only real difference is price and a couple of different paint apps.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'd suggest checking out the Junkion for the Classics or BigLots Universe two-packs. The only HTS SE I could be bothered to buy was Drag Strip. Especially if you're not using it as part of your collection. Don't buy it off of some site with inflated prices. You may just be able to find Dlx. OP on it's own here for $10+shipping.

And about the figure's size comparisons. It goes roughly head-to-head with the Classics Seeker mold. But the thing is quite a bit larger than Revoltech Megs. Revoltechs fall kind of in-between Scout and Deluxe class size.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Mold is awesome, robot mode is absolutely awesome, truck mode sucks....but the figure is awesome, ignore anybody that says do not get this mold....they do not know what they are saying....almost missed movie one swindle cause people said it sucks and it don't

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I agree about the robot mode. It rules.

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How can a mold be awesome when one mode, by your own admission, sucks?

And as for people not recommending this particular TF - it's personal taste. You cannot seriously tell people that they don't know what they're talking about, just because their taste differs to yours. That's an utterly ridiculous comment on your part.

13. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well he was originally looking for a robot mode for his stop motion as he already has the vehicle mode for use.....so with that being said this would make an awesome figure for that.....he def could have expressed himself with a little more tact though.