Minor/Repaint: Classic colors ROTF Gears WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jerminator, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So...I got a wild hair and got myself a Testors airbrush kit this week and decided Gears woulg be the perfect test subject/victim. Got him in a thrift store haul so if I fuck up, no big loss. I must say....I'm loving the ease of using an airbrush! And the semipro look I can get with it. I just used it to get the basic colors done and out of the way. Details will be done by hand. And, after comparing it to my classics Soundwave... I don't know how or why I was using crappy craft paints on SW. Now I feel the urge to strip him and start over too... so I don't have amateurish brush strokes on the body everywhere.

Attached Files:

2. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    Maybe you want to take of the paint from the windows. Just saying.

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

looks good man. im sure it will look even better once your done. what kind of paint did you use?
    how much did the air brush run ya?
    o and looks like he plans on scraping off the windows, you can se it in the pics.

4. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh..totally gonna scrape the windows later. Just too lazy atm. I actually got the Testors Amazing Air airbrush paint set at kmart, of all places... and it was *gasp* cheaper than Hobby Lobby. It was $21.99 before tax and came with 5 jars of acrylic paint. I used acrylics for the most part, cept for the metallic, which is enamel. Funny, that I wasn't trying to, but I noticed he's starting to look like a Lord Zedd homage too.

Attached Files: