Classic Bumblebee/Cliffjumper Mold

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ive been dying to get my hands on this mold since i started collecting-unfortunately, im fairly young and didnt start collecting till the movie line, so i missed it. now ive heard there are 5 possible ways to get this mold. there's:

Classics/Henkei BB (would get him overpriced online)
    Classics/Henkei CJ (again, overpriced online)
    Classics Bug Bite (though i cant afford him =[ )
    Classics BB reissued w/ animated and movie BB (walmart dont got it, so back to the internet!
    Classics CJ "Premium"

which of these is the best (quality, easy to aquire, wont make my wallet scream in horror)? and is Classics CJ "Premium" or whatever it is actually going to happen?

2. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, I'd probably go with the 3 pack, but uh, what is the "Classics CJ "Premium""?

3. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    it was announced there would be a Premium CJ probably in the line with Dragstrip and those guys so far theres been no other news about it

and id defintitely go for the 3 pack I hear the black deco instead of the white is far superior

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so 3 pack? that what i was thinking too, only thing is i already have Animated and Movie BB-Animated would go to my little sister, though iunno what id do with Movie BB-maybe replace my Allspark version of him. so ill either go with 3 pack or Premium CJ, depending on whether or not i can find him.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    if you go the 3-pack way reploace the allspark version of BB with the 3-pack its so much better lookin gthan the one with all that nasty blue

and if the Preimum CJ is in the same line as Dragstrip it will be an HTS exclusive and probably wont see retail

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    really? shoot! that means no matter what i need to buy the mold online! :banghead: 

8. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

wait do you have a credit card? Or someone who would let you borrow their card? To my knowledge they just need the card to hold the item and then you pay in store. At least thats how it works with the tires.

9. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Your options are:

1) Classics Bumblebee

Most stores won't have him since he is no longer being made. He'll also be expensive due to limited availability. I think Robot Kingdom still has the Classics Bumblebee + Astrotrain 2-pack, but you're going to pay a lot for shipping since they are based out of Hong Kong.

2) Classics Cliffjumper

He'll be easier to find since he was released after Bumblebee and he was a bit of a pegwarmer. Should be cheaper than Bumblebee, too. Still, expect to do a lot of searching, and expect to pay more than you would have at retail for him.

3) Henkei Bumblebee

Henkei 'Bee was released not that long ago, and should thus be fairly easy to find online. Most brick-and-mortar stores won't carry him, though, since places like TRU and Walmart don't usually bring in imports. He'll be more expensive than the Classics deluxes were at retail since he's an import.

4) Classics Bumblebee Redeco

This version of Classics 'Bee replaces the white paint with black paint, and only comes in a Walmart-exclusive 3-pack. Online retailers will get this set in limited quantities if your local Walmart doesn't bring it in, but they'll charge you more than Walmart will. You also have to get Movie Premium 'Bee and Animated 'Bee along with him; you may not want these extra figures.

5) BotCon Exclusive Bug Bite

He looks nice, but he's very expensive and hard to find due to his very limited release.

6) "Premium" Cliffjumper

So far, this is just an unconfirmed rumour. No pictures have surfaced to date, and no pricing details or release details are available. This may be an online-only release in the US just like the Universe Special Edition figures.

I'd recommend Henkei Bumblebee as the easiest option. He's not that hard to find; many online retailers have him in stock, and he's not that expensive.

As a second choice, look for Classics Cliffjumper or the Walmart 3-pack. Kool Toys has Cliffjumper for $20 CDN plus shipping. You might be able to get a 3-pack shipped to your local Walmart via walmart.com.

Be sure to check out the Junkion Exchange here on TFW. You never know what might turn up.

10. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Yeah like what's said you're going to have to get him online.

However he doesn't disappoint, he's a really great solid little bot with a nice transformation.

(*I love how his car seats fold up, almost Alternatorish)

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You could buy him from a fellow board member. It's how I got two Classics Skywarp's, one to display, and one to kitbash into Thundercracker. Shouldn't be too hard to find one that'll cost you just over the original retail price.

12. Malikon

:eek:  Bashing up Skywarp seems like a sin when there's so many Acidstorms laying around just waiting to die.

Please, please save Skywarp. He's too awesome to die.

(*brought to you by Friends of Skywarp. F.o.S.*)

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've already kitbashed him, as this was a while ago. I finished a good while before we even knew about Acid Storm. Honestly, if I had known we were going to get another mass retail repaint of the mold, I would have waited. Here's a link to my finished Thundercracker if anybody wants to look at it:

Classics Thundercracker- Finished - Radicons Transformers Customs

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    cool thundercracker

so is the 3 pack BB the best of this mold paint-wise?

15. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

cliffjumoer has good paint too. I know the origional bb had some issues

16. Malikon

That's up to opinion. Personally I like the pearl'esque white stripes on the Classics one. But the black stripes on the new one don't look bad.

Just depends on what you like.

_______

That Thundercracker does look pretty sweet.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:

As for which one is better, it's more about personal opinion than anything. Eahc one really hasn't had any issues. I personally have the first release, but if they had released the 3-pack one n it's own, I would have gone with that, as the black stripes look better than the pearly white one's. Not to say that I don't like the one I have, just that if I had that option to begin with, I would have gone with the black stripes.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    like what he said, this set is probably easiest and cheapest...and you could possibly sell the other two figures...

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I really like the 3 pack version of Classics BB personally. I don't really care for the mold all to much to begin with but thought the paint they gave him on this version was really good and finally sold me on him. That and it gave me an excuse to pick up Movie premium BB in the process.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ya, im probly gonna go with the 3 pack-now only if i could find him =[ my Walmart doesnt have it-store exclusive, right?