Heavy/Scratch: Classic Bruticus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lt. Faceless, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I feel like i've got to a good point to start showing this(i'm not very good with keeping WIP threads going).The Combaticons are about 90% done and Bruticus is about 50% done.This is my first real(meaning not a repaint)custom.Heres a breakdown of the bots used.

Classic Onslaught as himself
    Cybertron(?) Hotshot as Swindle
    Crossover hulk as Brawl
    Movie skyhammer as Vortex
    Classic Lugnut as Blastoff

Like i said,this is still very early and i'm very open to any suggestions or impovement ideas.He will have balljointed ankles,Knees(and the unicorn knees still bend)shoulders and wrist.C & C very much welcomed.Now on to the pics.

2. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice job man! Ive thought about using most of the same figures 2 make a bruticus also. If u want u could prob ditch the unicron groin section and just use onslaught as the the entire torso. His legs r kinda thick and should be able 2 support the weight. Just an ideas if u wanted 2 try it. Its a very nice start so far man cant wait 2 see it when u r done! Keep at it man.

3. Lt. Faceless

That is what i wanted to do.I just didn't want to mod Onslaught for fear of not being able to match the paint.If there was a way to turn the Swat side to the front,that would help alot.Thanks for the tips.

4. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool so far! Are you adding guns to his back too and stuff? Can't wait to see more!

5. Lt. Faceless

Yeah,the WFC Megatron cannons in the background(being painted grey now) are going to be his back guns.

6. Destructicon 1

Do u have the shield that came with onslaught? I had the idea 2 take the shield cut it up and mode it 2 match the shape of bruticus chest piece. So if u do decide not 2 use the unicron midsection and go with onslaught as the entire torso u could just paint the shield and onslaughts' color scheme wont need 2b messed with.

7. Lt. Faceless

The sheild will be Blast offs arm gaurd.Its going to be set up in a Zaku II(gundam) style.If you turn the clip on the shield around,there is a slit(factory)that the sheild fits perfect into.I'd like to find a set of onslaught lower legs and cover the unicron's parts to give it a pseudo-onslaught as the full body.Blastoff and Vortex will be full arms,the only added part will be the hands.

This whole thing has been a learning curve.On top of this,i've got a Devastator half way done and Mensaur in the proto stage.

Also,i've got another question i've never seen any address.The first time i got him to stand,his feet slide out from under him.So i cut up sand paper and glued it to the bottom of his feet.It seems to help alot.What have others done?

8. Destructicon 1

Sounding very good man and yes it is a learning experience for all of us. If u can find the extra onslaught legs 2 cover the unicron 1s that will really give him the look i guessing u want 2 get. Plus if u can fin a way 2 incorporate it onto onslaught n sum kind of way i think it will only help. As for ur devastator n menasor do u have any wip pics u would like 2 share? With the feet sliding problem im not sure really both of my combiners r 21" n 19" but only halfway done so I havent had any issues with sliding. One thing u could try though is rotating both the lower legs outwards this mite help sum with the sliding problem

9. Lt. Faceless

I've checked the BST forum and the junk pit for his lowere legs,i really hate to buy the whole toy just for those parts.He's pricey to be cutting up too.I'm stuck on mixmaster for Devy(meaning i havne't even started on him).Bonecrusher&Scrapper are primed and the rest are done.Menasor has no pics,i'm still gathering the bots for him.

I fear he will be a parts-former.I no most hate it,i'm fine with it.With out Parts-formers,G1 would of been a loney place.

10. Destructicon 1

I feel u. He is 2 expensive just 2 buy and cut of for the legs. I hope u can find sumthing 2 make it work though. As for devy and menasor what all pieces are u using? But hey i dont have a prob with partsforming im k with it i jus like 2try 2 find a way 2 intrigrate all the pieces in each mode.

11. Lt. Faceless

Devy,i'm using the RID team(i forget the name),the cybertron frontloader(forgot his name too).Mensaor,Cybertron prime with armada primes trailer,classic blurr,wheeljack,Mirage and a red alert.

I'd like to not parts former with Bruticus,i'm to deep in now to rework to much of it.