Classic Anime coming back to Adult Swim i guess my thread worked???

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Soundwave84, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
  2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

aw, you think you did something to make them change? how cuuuuuuuuute

it's just the weekends, so instead of showing repeats of earlier showings, they're showing episodes of other anime...

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Awesome. FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Big O and GitS are all winners. Everything else is not so much IMO.

4. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    And this schedule will undoubtedly get changed to reruns of the Sunday non-anime line-up because the turkeys who run AS have a combination of ADD, getting amusement from annoying their viewers, and too much weed in their systems at all hours of the day.

Glad to see FLCL and Big O back on, but where's NGE or Outlaw Star or any of the shows from Toonami or the original Adult Swim Saturday line-up? I'll just assume it's that the licenses to air most of them expired, and ADV is pretty much on the threshold of folding...

Cowboy Bebop can continue to rerun and I'd still watch every episode, GiTS I can do without, but then it probably isn't a show for me (too much "talking head" scenes and techo-babble), but Inuyasha needs to stop getting aired. They've shown the entire series HOW many times? Guess it'll keep going since all the non-anime viewers used it as the scapegoat for "ANIME SUCKS" threads on adultswim.com and the AS trolls/heads of programming do enjoy making people angry.

And wow, Code Geass ALMOST has a reasonable timeslot.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Nice to see Morubito on at a better time. Big O, FLCL, and GITS are nice diversions, if nothing else is on. I've tried watching the show, and I still fail to understand the attraction to Cowboy Bebop. I'd rather see Outlaw Star, or even Scry-Ed instead of CB.

6. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

The music in Cowboy Bebop is what made half the show to me. Also I re-watched Outlaw Star and it really isn't that great of a show. I was very disappointed but hey, that's nostalgia for ya. :/

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Big o, Death Note & GITS are all good. Never been a fan of Bleach, and I fucking loathe FLCL.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Just as long as they never stop running InuYasha.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish AS would go old skool on classic anime.
    There is so much out there most haven't seen and they are bringing back this?

I want CN to get rid of Bakugan or all the CCG shows just to make room for better stuff.
    But i think i'd rather see Bebop again than some shows, so, i won't bellyache too much.

anime. yay.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say Bebop and maybe The Big O could count as "classic" but eh, not the others

People just need to realize Cartoon Network is not the best way to watch anime, there's so much great shit you'll never see if you're just waiting for AS to give you your fix.